Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #10411
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I ate a lot for breakfast. Now I'm a müslim.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:41 AM   #10412
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Christian skipped breakfast, I had Müslim. How about Jew?
Old 02-20-2019, 06:11 AM   #10413
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
….The Genetic marker for people who are naturally bad at spelling can be found in those with blood Type-O.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:39 PM   #10414
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family...

... in another city!
Old 02-25-2019, 05:47 AM   #10415
drjd
The Couch Potato

An elderly man in Miami calls his son in New York and says, "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing. Forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old man says."We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her," and he hangs up.

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone, "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this.

"She calls her father immediately and screams at the old man, "You are NOT getting divorced! Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay," he says, "They're coming for Passover and paying their own airfares."
Old 02-25-2019, 06:03 AM   #10416
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

In one of the Guide series Douglas Adams riffs on the untranslatable nature of puns with "Be Like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space - bark!". Despite that, one of my favourites only works in Hinglish:
Why was the banana sad?
Because he was a kela

("kela" in Hindi is "banana", "akela" is "alone")
Old 02-28-2019, 09:46 AM   #10417
drjd
The Couch Potato

Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar.

'Please leave!' shouts the manager 'We don't serve your type.'
Old 03-01-2019, 05:49 AM   #10418
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Helvetica and Times New Roman walk into a bar.

'Please leave!' shouts the manager 'We don't serve your type.'
I assume the manager was Comic Sans?
Old 03-01-2019, 06:06 AM   #10419
drjd
The Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I assume the manager was Comic Sans?
Groan...
Old 03-01-2019, 06:06 AM   #10420
drjd
The Couch Potato

What do you call a bee that can’t make up its mind? A Maybe.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:50 AM   #10421
drjd
The Couch Potato

As my wife was admitted to the hospital for a procedure, the clerk asked for her wrist, saying "I'm going to give you a bracelet."

"Has it got Rubies and Diamonds ?" she asked coyly.

"No," he said. "But it costs just as much."
Old 03-05-2019, 05:43 AM   #10422
drjd
The Couch Potato

I am itching to solve those math problems. I just need scratch paper.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #10423
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Someone stole my Microsoft Office and they’re gonna pay. You have my Word.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #10424
drjd
The Couch Potato

Unable to attend the funeral after his father died, a son who lived far away called his brother and told him, "Do something nice for Dad and send me the bill."

A month later, he got a bill for $200.00, which he paid. The next month, he got another bill for $200.00, which he also paid, figuring it was some incidental expense.

Bills for $200.00 kept arriving every month, and finally the man called his brother again to find out what was going on.

"Well," said the other brother, "you said to do something nice for Dad. So I rented him a tuxedo."
Old 03-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #10425
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, it made him more sluggish.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote