Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Adding fonts results in weird font names

I've manually added three fonts to my Kobo Forma: Bitter, Bookerly and Literata. I've done this the proper way, AFAIK: each font contains four files, correctly named, and I've put them in the folder "font" in the root of the device.

The fonts show up in the list of fonts, but so do these fonts:
KBJ-TsukuMinPr6N-RB
KBJ-UDKakugo Pr6N M

I'm not sure if these are new fonts, different names for any of the added fonts, or different names for factory fonts that had a more recognizable name before I fiddled with it.

Can somebody enlighten me?
It's not much of a problem, I'm just wondering.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:34 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
KBJ-TsukuMinPr6N-RB
KBJ-UDKakugo Pr6N M
Those look like the internal names used for two of the built-in fonts. They should appear in the font list as "Kobo Tsukushi Mincho" and "Kobo UD Kakugo". These are the fonts used for Japanese support and fallback in the kepub renderer. No idea why they appear like that. Are you using something other than English for the interface? And have you rebooted since adding the other fonts?

Last edited by davidfor; 02-07-2019 at 06:41 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2019, 02:51 AM   #3
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
I did reboot. And yes, my interface language is Dutch. But before adding the other fonts, these two didn't show up under these names; probably they showed up under the names you mention. (I didn't make a screenshot and don't remember exactly.)

I could do without them, actually, but I guess there's no way to get them out of the menu. Oh well, no big problem.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:38 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It looks like a missing translation. I just went tried a couple of my devices. With the language set to English, it shows what I posted. Changing to "Nederlands", it shows what you have. Trying the other languages, it looks like only English that has the name. Japanese has something different as well.

Anyone remember if this was correct before? I don't remember any comments about it.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #5
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe & Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:

KBJ-TsukuMinPr6N-RB
KBJ-UDKakugo Pr6N M
I too have those weird fonts name.

My Kobo is set to French.

I also added some fonts overtime, but I don't remember if the weird ones were there or not from the start. I think they were, not sure.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2021, 07:32 PM   #6
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle Paperwhite 11, iPad mini 6
Quote:
I've manually added three fonts to my Kobo Forma: Bitter, Bookerly and Literata. I've done this the proper way, AFAIK: each font contains four files, correctly named, and I've put them in the folder "font" in the root of the device.

KBJ-TsukuMinPr6N-RB
KBJ-UDKakugo Pr6N M

I'm not sure if these are new fonts, different names for any of the added fonts, or different names for factory fonts that had a more recognizable name before I fiddled with it.

Can somebody enlighten me?
It's not much of a problem, I'm just wondering.
I also got those on my Kobo Forma after experimenting with some different font files. I have deleted my fonts folder, and restarted my Kobo several times. But I still can not get rid of them.

Any tips from anyone?
martinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:56 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinot View Post
I also got those on my Kobo Forma after experimenting with some different font files. I have deleted my fonts folder, and restarted my Kobo several times. But I still can not get rid of them.

Any tips from anyone?
Do you mean the fonts "KBJ-TsukuMinPr6N-RB" and "KBJ-UDKakugo Pr6N M"? If so, they are included in the firmware. They are intended to be used for languages such as Japanese and Chinese. As I stated above, it is probably a missing translation. When the UI is in English, they show as "Kobo Tsukushi Mincho" and "Kobo UD Kakugo".