Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #16
kuzu92
kuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animalskuzu92 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kobo glo
I have solved.Thank you
Old 06-09-2013, 03:45 AM   #17
Stefan P
Stefan P began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi,

unfortunately just bricked my Glo too

Would you be so kind to send me the link to the image also?

Thanks
Stefan
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
maxavior
maxavior began at the beginning.

Hi,
Bricked mine as well ): Would very much appreciate a link to SD image.
Thanks a lot.
Chris
Old 06-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxavior View Post
Hi,
Bricked mine as well ): Would very much appreciate a link to SD image.
PM sent.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #20
maxavior
maxavior began at the beginning.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #21
sleepers
sleepers began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Glo
Hi, could someone share an image for the kobo glo with me? Pleaseeeee
Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #22
redia
redia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

sorry people,
I just bricked my sd card while updating the latest firmware.
So as I am a very concerned person, I had a backup SD card in case of scenarios like that.
so I went to pick up the copy plugged it in.. and no go.. the backup is dead to
does anyone has a copy of any working firmware for the glo ?
it would be highly appreciated.

R
Old 07-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #23
redia
redia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityredia has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Quote:
Originally Posted by redia View Post
sorry people,
I just bricked my sd card while updating the latest firmware.
So as I am a very concerned person, I had a backup SD card in case of scenarios like that.
so I went to pick up the copy plugged it in.. and no go.. the backup is dead to
does anyone has a copy of any working firmware for the glo ?
it would be highly appreciated.

R
ok,
sorry I bothered you..
i digged into my archives and fortunately I had kept a filecopy of the SD card on my hard drive.
so I am back up and running...
sorry for the waste of time.
R

Last edited by redia; 07-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
eastmushu
eastmushu began at the beginning.

Hi all... Could you someone send me a link for a Kobo Glo SD card image as I am having problems reading the reader in Windows 7 64bit?

Thank you very much.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #25
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmushu View Post
Hi all... Could you someone send me a link for a Kobo Glo SD card image as I am having problems reading the reader in Windows 7 64bit?

Thank you very much.
I sent you a PM with a link.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:29 AM   #26
eastmushu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I sent you a PM with a link.
Hi, I go the link. Thanks a lot!!! My Glo is now able to be detected by Windows 7.

An observation made is when I inserted the original serial no. of my Glo (Japanese set bought from a local reseller) into the image, it downloaded the last update that I had, 2.6.0 and that made the device unreadable again as I believe Windows is trying to read the rootfs partition.

So I reflashed the original SD image provided by kevinshort and let it update to 2.8.1 and then did a dump to insert the serial no. into the dumped image and uploaded the modified 2.8.1 image again. This time it worked.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmushu View Post
An observation made is when I inserted the original serial no. of my Glo (Japanese set bought from a local reseller) into the image, it downloaded the last update that I had, 2.6.0 and that made the device unreadable again as I believe Windows is trying to read the rootfs partition.
Glad you have it working, but just a statement to clarify things. Unless something is badly broken, the PC OS doesn't know anything about the rootfs or the recoveryfs. The firmware only presents the data partition to the PC when it is connected by USB.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #28
eastmushu

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Glad you have it working, but just a statement to clarify things. Unless something is badly broken, the PC OS doesn't know anything about the rootfs or the recoveryfs. The firmware only presents the data partition to the PC when it is connected by USB.
Under normal circumstances I would agree that windows should just detect the data partition. Likely that firmware pushed out has serious bug as whenever I plugged in the Glo to two different PCs, windows is asking to reformat the partition detected.

It's all good now and I am again a happy reader, especially happy with the Glo.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #29
diolaine
diolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipsediolaine can illuminate an eclipse

Hello ,

can I have a image for glo ? Thanks
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #30
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I've sent you a PM, diolaine.
Closed Thread