Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Minor firmware update

I just noticed on the Jinke website, on their download page, they've replaced the early September firmware download with one dated 10-19-2009, but it has the same release notes as the earlier one, and the same revision # (2.02). I've started downloading it, to compare the internal revision #'s of all the components against the 9-7-2009 Astak build, to see which components might have changed, but the Jinke site is (as usual) VERY slow, so it probably won't finish the download until after I go to bed, so maybe tomorrow...

Meanwhile, I went to the Astak site to see if anything had changed on THEIR download page, and they have THREE downloads listed (one is V3, one is V5, and the other one???), but they're all three labeled "undefined", so there's no telling what they are, without downloading them (and I'm already waiting on two downloads from the Jinke site...

Anyway, if it's anything, it doesn't look like it will be anything major.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
on EZReader, the last one you mention is the fonts for fixing CJK problem. It is for the first new ADE support firmware. The newer firmware has no need this fix.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
I just noticed on the Jinke website, on their download page, they've replaced the early September firmware download with one dated 10-19-2009, but it has the same release notes as the earlier one, and the same revision # (2.02). I've started downloading it, to compare the internal revision #'s of all the components against the 9-7-2009 Astak build, to see which components might have changed, but the Jinke site is (as usual) VERY slow, so it probably won't finish the download until after I go to bed, so maybe tomorrow...

Meanwhile, I went to the Astak site to see if anything had changed on THEIR download page, and they have THREE downloads listed (one is V3, one is V5, and the other one???), but they're all three labeled "undefined", so there's no telling what they are, without downloading them (and I'm already waiting on two downloads from the Jinke site...

Anyway, if it's anything, it doesn't look like it will be anything major.
Actually, the Astak ones are unchanged (Sept. 9, 10 and 16) but the site itself sometimes doesn't display correctly. Sometimes it does.

Seems apt, somehow.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Strange date on Bin file

Anyone else see this?
I downloaded today.

Last edited by theducks; 08-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Okay, I finally managed to get the new firmware file (75 Mbytes) downloaded from the Jinke site, using a "download manager" (doing it straight from the browser never made it past about 6 Mbytes, due to the extremely slow connection). After installing it on my PEZ, there were only three differences from the most recent Astak firmware release (when looking at the Settings/About screen).

V5_2009_09_10_ASTAK:
Firmware version: V2.02ASTAK.090907
PDF parser version V2.00.090907
BookShelf version: V2.00.090907
V5_2009_10_15_JINKE:
Firmware version: V2.02EN.091015
PDF parser version V9.00.090915
BookShelf version: V2.00.091015
No clue WHAT the changes are, but obviously they're limited to the PDF viewer and the 'BookShelf', which I assume is the menu/folder-viewing directory software.
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
ekaser
Opinion Artiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Anyone else see this?
I downloaded today.
Downloaded from where? The Astak site? Based on your screen capture, it looks like an EXTREMELY old firmware build. We know that V5 prototypes have been around for close to a year.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Anyone else see this?
I downloaded today.

This v5 file is apparently the original opening and closing screens for the EZ Reader Pocket Pro (PEZ). I copied the files from my PEZ when I got it, and this file was included.

Those of us who have changed the opening and closing screens have put a new v5bin file on our SD Cards.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Downloaded from where? The Astak site? Based on your screen capture, it looks like an EXTREMELY old firmware build. We know that V5 prototypes have been around for close to a year.
Yes, today on Astak downloads page.
the filename that downloaded is "1.rar"

Last edited by theducks; 07-26-2015 at 12:39 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Okay, I finally managed to get the new firmware file (75 Mbytes) downloaded from the Jinke site, using a "download manager" (doing it straight from the browser never made it past about 6 Mbytes, due to the extremely slow connection). After installing it on my PEZ, there were only three differences from the most recent Astak firmware release (when looking at the Settings/About screen).

V5_2009_09_10_ASTAK:
Firmware version: V2.02ASTAK.090907
PDF parser version V2.00.090907
BookShelf version: V2.00.090907
V5_2009_10_15_JINKE:
Firmware version: V2.02EN.091015
PDF parser version V9.00.090915
BookShelf version: V2.00.091015
No clue WHAT the changes are, but obviously they're limited to the PDF viewer and the 'BookShelf', which I assume is the menu/folder-viewing directory software.
I currently run Jinke V5:

Firmware version:V2.02EN.090924
Bookshelf version:V2.00.090924

Download from Jinke.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
ekaser
Opinion Artiste

Quicker download

For those who might be interested in playing around with the latest firmware (described above) from Jinke, I've put it on my web server so that you can download it more quickly and easily than from the Jinke site. It's still a 75 Mbyte file, so it won't be instantaneous, but at least it shouldn't take an hour or more (unless you're on dial-up ). The download link is on this page:

http://www.kaser.com/ebooks.html
Old 10-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #11
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
For those who might be interested in playing around with the latest firmware (described above) from Jinke, I've put it on my web server so that you can download it more quickly and easily than from the Jinke site. It's still a 75 Mbyte file, so it won't be instantaneous, but at least it shouldn't take an hour or more (unless you're on dial-up ). The download link is on this page:

http://www.kaser.com/ebooks.html
Have you found out what the changes are from the Astak firmware?
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #12
ekaser
Opinion Artiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Have you found out what the changes are from the Astak firmware?
See note #5 above. That's about all I've learned. What the specific details of the changes are, I haven't a clue. I haven't NOTICED anything changed, but then pretty much all I read are ePubs, and I don't zoom in and out, etc. It may just be minor bug fixes.

However, it's good to know I can go "straight to the source" instead of waiting for Astak to post a new load from Jinke.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #13
aegeus
Enthusiast
aegeus began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader 5
Some interim changes have been discussed before; please look at this topic, especially the messages with no 7 and after them: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57913

Regards.

Last edited by aegeus; 10-25-2009 at 09:44 AM.
aegeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I just did that update. My page turns are noticeably faster and the ade pdf I was reading reflows better.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #15
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
New Astak Firmware Upgrade next week

Dear All:

A new firmware upgrade will be released next week. So far I only know that they are adding more utility to the scroll wheel. As soon as I know I will detail what all it will do.

As always, it will be free and posted on our website as soon as it is ready!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote