Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
thersites
Enthusiast
thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad & PocketBook 360
Install problems in openSUSE 11.2

I had Calibre successfully installed in openSUSE 11.1, but am having problems installing it after upgrading to 11.2. I've gone through & gotten all the dependencies as best I can tell. What I get is an error message about MagickWand.pc, although I have ImageMagick 6.5.4.8-3.7 installed. When I search I find no MagickWand.pc file on my system.

Here is the install message w/ user name blanked:

Quote:
Package MagickWand was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `MagickWand.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'MagickWand' found
Package MagickWand was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `MagickWand.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'MagickWand' found
Dropping privileges to those of ####: 1000

* Running build

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 99, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "setup.py", line 85, in main
command.run_all(opts)
File "/home/####/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 158, in run_all
self.run_cmd(self, opts)
File "/home/####/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 151, in run_cmd
self.run_cmd(scmd, opts)
File "/home/####/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 154, in run_cmd
cmd.run(opts)
File "/home/####/calibre/setup/extensions.py", line 235, in run
raise Exception(ext.error)
Exception: ImageMagick not found on your system. Try setting the environment variables MAGICK_INC and MAGICK_LIB to help calibre locate the inclue and libbrary files.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave
thersites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Basically your system seems to be missing the files that tell pkg-config what the include and library flags for compiling agains imagemagick should be. Have you installed the imagemagick-dev (or something like that) package?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
thersites
Enthusiast
thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Kovid.

Installing the development pkg solved the ImageMagick issue, but now I get another error:

Quote:
####### Building extension pdfreflow #######
g++ -O3 -Wall -DNDEBUG -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fPIC -pthread -I/usr/include/python2.6 -DPNG_SKIP_SETJMP_CHECK -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/ImageMagick -I/usr/include/poppler -c /home/###/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/main.cpp -o /home/###/calibre/build/objects/pdfreflow/main.o
/home/###/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/main.cpp:4:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
/home/###/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/main.cpp:16: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
/home/###/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/main.cpp:163: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 99, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "setup.py", line 85, in main
command.run_all(opts)
File "/home/###/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 158, in run_all
self.run_cmd(self, opts)
File "/home/###/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 151, in run_cmd
self.run_cmd(scmd, opts)
File "/home/###/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 154, in run_cmd
cmd.run(opts)
File "/home/###/calibre/setup/extensions.py", line 240, in run
self.build(ext, dest)
File "/home/###/calibre/setup/extensions.py", line 281, in build
subprocess.check_call(cmd)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 462, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['g++', '-O3', '-Wall', '-DNDEBUG', '-fno-strict-aliasing', '-pipe', '-fPIC', '-pthread', '-I/usr/include/python2.6', '-DPNG_SKIP_SETJMP_CHECK', '-I/usr/include', '-I/usr/include/ImageMagick', '-I/usr/include/poppler', '-c', '/home/###/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/pdf/main.cpp', '-o', '/home/###/calibre/build/objects/pdfreflow/main.o']' returned non-zero exit status 1
Old 01-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You need the python dev package
Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
thersites
Enthusiast

Thanks again Kovid. As you have more than enough karma, I figured a donation would be more to your liking. Keep up the great work, as I'm glad to have Calibre back working on my system.

Cheers,
Dave
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Much appreciated