Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2021, 01:14 PM   #721
Nightcap
Nightcap began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One/ Kobo Elipsa
Any idea when there will be a new update for the Elipsa?
Nightcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:10 PM   #722
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcap View Post
Any idea when there will be a new update for the Elipsa?
It probably won't be that far away, but, I don't know when. But, while version 4.30.18838 was not officially released for the Elipsa, it does have updates that apply to the Elipsa. I know people have installed it and I do not remember any reports of any issues with it on the Elipsa.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2021, 09:46 PM   #723
mezzanine
Groupie
mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mezzanine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Clara, Aura HD
I've been tempted to get an Elipsa a couple of times now, but have hesitated because of the lack of warm light. I'm eventually going to end up with one because the prices I've seen in the used market have changed the way I look at the device.

The relative failure of the Elipsa as a competitive product in the 10 inch e-ink segment due to it's poor writing latency has caused it to be a relative bargain in the used market if your main purpose is to use it as a large ereader. I wouldn't normally consider it, but if it's less than a new Sage then I think you start to look at it differently.
mezzanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 05:33 PM   #724
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
hello guys , is losing books normal of the kobo devices? I come from kindle
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 05:40 PM   #725
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by readthinksurvive View Post
hello guys , is losing books normal of the kobo devices? I come from kindle
No it is not.

A few questions come to mind.

How do you know that you are losing books? If using calibre, does it show no checkmark for books that you have sideloaded?

How are you putting the books on your Kobo? Sideloaded using calibre or other tool? Downloaded from Kobo by purchasing and then syncing?

Where are you losing the books from? If in the Books view, what filter are you using? All? eBooks? Unread? Reading? Finished? Purchased? Kobo Plus? Imported? Downloaded? Other way that you are noticing missing books?

Have you checked your database for errors? Often triggered by not safely ejecting your Kobo.

And also note that posting basically the same content in multiple threads is frowned upon.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2023, 06:08 PM   #726
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
No it is not.

A few questions come to mind.

How do you know that you are losing books? If using calibre, does it show no checkmark for books that you have sideloaded?

How are you putting the books on your Kobo? Sideloaded using calibre or other tool? Downloaded from Kobo by purchasing and then syncing?

Where are you losing the books from? If in the Books view, what filter are you using? All? eBooks? Unread? Reading? Finished? Purchased? Kobo Plus? Imported? Downloaded? Other way that you are noticing missing books?

Have you checked your database for errors? Often triggered by not safely ejecting your Kobo.

And also note that posting basically the same content in multiple threads is frowned upon.
Ok sorry didn’t know thought this was like Reddit thank u.
and via Dropbox , first caliber than go to Dropbox and I download from there. I search the filter “recent, imported, all, etc” then I search the book manually in the search filter, then I scroll through the entire library, I’m going to stop using Dropbox maybe that’s why… after I reset device :/
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote