Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2024, 05:51 PM   #1246
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by getthething View Post
I re-read all the posts and I *think* I understand that you're saying any images that were in the screensaver folder and moved into "My Books" will need to be deleted from "my books" since they were moved BEFORE I added the exclusion settings? Is that correct?

The images showing up under "My Books" are in: /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old so I deleted them all from there. I then switched back to wallpaper mode and then reimported my screensaver images into .kobo/screensaver/ (this folder was empty at this point)

However they're still showing up under my books whenever I switch to cover art mode and then plug my kobo into my computer.

If it matters:
macOS 14.4.1
Libra 2
4.38.21908 firmware
All images are jpeg

To give you a tidy list of actions I'm taking that result in the images being imported as books:
  1. Exclusion regex is currently saved in the config file
  2. Plug Kobo into Mac, load images into screensaver folder
  3. Eject Kobo
  4. Screensavers work as expected
  5. Toggle to cover art mode
  6. Cover art mode works as expected (switching back to wallpaper mode works as expected too)
  7. Plug into Mac again (in cover art mode still)
  8. Eject Kobo
  9. Kobo displays "importing content" as if I'd loaded new books
  10. Screensaver images are in "My Books"
It needs to be saved in the config under the FeatureSettings section. If it's not, it won't work.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:16 PM   #1247
getthething
getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It needs to be saved in the config under the FeatureSettings section. If it's not, it won't work.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
I think I have it in the right spot:

https://i.imgur.com/nCYFLk6.png

Last edited by getthething; 03-28-2024 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Imgur embed didn't work. Added direct link.
getthething is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2024, 06:23 PM   #1248
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Actually, you don't need to delete them. They will be automagically removed when the exclusion is changed since they will no longer be seen as books. The problem is that your Kobo excludes .kobo/screensaver by default but it does not exclude .kobo/screensaver_old. I took a look at my exclusion setting and found that I had modified it a while back to keep screensaver.old from being synced. It's not pretty and could be better coded.

Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)|(screensaver\.old)
should prevent this from happening.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 09:42 PM   #1249
getthething
getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Actually, you don't need to delete them. They will be automagically removed when the exclusion is changed since they will no longer be seen as books. The problem is that your Kobo excludes .kobo/screensaver by default but it does not exclude .kobo/screensaver_old. I took a look at my exclusion setting and found that I had modified it a while back to keep screensaver.old from being synced. It's not pretty and could be better coded.

Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)|(screensaver\.old)
should prevent this from happening.

Still doing the same thing. I feel like I gotta be missing something. I really appreciate your help on this.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:16 AM   #1250
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You have checked that that if you have screensavers enabled, the directory in the .kobo directory is called screensaver? That when you disable screensavers, the directory name changes to screensaver.old? You may have a different rename in the NickelMenu config file, if so place that directory name in where I have screensaver.old (the backslash just escapes the . so it is not seen as a wildcard).

You are using a Linux EOL aware editor? I use Notepad++ since my main OS is Windows, Linux and MacOS users don't need to worry about that nit.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2024, 11:16 AM   #1251
getthething

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You have checked that that if you have screensavers enabled, the directory in the .kobo directory is called screensaver? That when you disable screensavers, the directory name changes to screensaver.old? You may have a different rename in the NickelMenu config file, if so place that directory name in where I have screensaver.old (the backslash just escapes the . so it is not seen as a wildcard).

You are using a Linux EOL aware editor? I use Notepad++ since my main OS is Windows, Linux and MacOS users don't need to worry about that nit.
Oh that might be the issue. The folder is renaming to “screensaver_old” If that’s the case, would it need to be:

Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)|(screensaver_old)
Regex might as well be Martian, so forgive my ignorance on that.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:05 PM   #1252
getthething

Quote:
Originally Posted by getthething View Post
Oh that might be the issue. The folder is renaming to “screensaver_old” If that’s the case, would it need to be:

Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)|(screensaver_old)
Regex might as well be Martian, so forgive my ignorance on that.
Yep. That took care of it. Thanks again!
Old 04-11-2024, 11:15 AM   #1253
Duke5127
Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Duke5127 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Is there any script/config for NickelMenu that shows the values of the sliders when customizing the font size/weight, line height, etc?
Duke5127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:53 AM   #1254
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Try this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1038
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 05:35 PM   #1255
Timbzt
Timbzt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Is there any way with Nickel Menu to change the book progress in Home and My Books - Cover view so it displays the book title instead?
I'm talking about these sections here:
https://imgur.com/a/OjmdAYU
Timbzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 06:25 AM   #1256
Ceiyne
Enthusiast
Ceiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notesCeiyne can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is there a way to use NickelMenu to change the system language, for example, a menu item that changes the Kobo interface to Japanese, and another to change it to English?

What I'm really after is the ability to easily access the Japanese keyboard/input method to type Japanese text (e.g., in a search field). As far as I know, you can only use that when the Kobo system language is Japanese, and I usually have my Kobo set to English. So, if there's some way to do that, with or without NickelMenu, please let me know.
Ceiyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 09:10 AM   #1257
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbzt View Post
Is there any way with Nickel Menu to change the book progress in Home and My Books - Cover view so it displays the book title instead?
There's not a lot of room for a book title there. Try typing on your screenshot to see.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:02 PM   #1258
Timbzt
Timbzt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post
There's not a lot of room for a book title there. Try typing on your screenshot to see.
Even if the title is only partially shown (Ex: "The Beauty of..."), I'd take that.
Just want to know if it's possible to modify it or not.
Timbzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:14 PM   #1259
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiyne View Post
Is there a way to use NickelMenu to change the system language, for example, a menu item that changes the Kobo interface to Japanese, and another to change it to English?

What I'm really after is the ability to easily access the Japanese keyboard/input method to type Japanese text (e.g., in a search field). As far as I know, you can only use that when the Kobo system language is Japanese, and I usually have my Kobo set to English. So, if there's some way to do that, with or without NickelMenu, please let me know.
Hmm... Interesting idea... It seems like it should be possible to force-open the keyboard, but in another language, or register a hook for the keyboard which can change it, but I haven't looked at this before.

I'll take a look when I get a chance.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:16 PM   #1260
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbzt View Post
That would be for a patch. And there isn't much room there unless we shrink stuff. It should be technically possible, but it would be one of the more complex patches.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel