Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
Clau
Enthusiast
Clau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
ISO Diccionario de sinónimos (Spanish)

Hi. I'm trying to find a decent Spanish thesaurus (sinónimos) for my Kindle. I tried to find it but there are a lot of false positives due to SEO key words. Anyone?
Clau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I'm not sure I've ever seen a thesaurus. What were you hoping to accomplish with a thesaurus that a dictionary wouldn't? Shorter "definitions"?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Have you already downloaded the free monolingual Spanish Kindle dictionary?
Most definitions in "Diccionario de la lengua española - Vigésima segunda edición" contain some synonyms.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
Clau
Enthusiast

I'm a translator so I work a lot with thesauri; they can be more useful than a monolingual dictionary. I did try the dictionary mentioned above but it's not the same.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
You can download the Spanish Thesaurus text file that the Spanish OpenOffice.org Thesaurus is based on from OpenThesaurus-es. (You'll need 7Zip to unzip the archive.)
Depending on your technical skills, you could either convert the text file to an ebook with Calibre or first convert the text file to a tab-delimited text file and then convert it to a Kindle dictionary following the instructions on this web site.

Last edited by Doitsu; 06-10-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
This isn't what you asked for, but might also be helpful for your purpose.

http://myfavoritebug.blogspot.de/201...onary-for.html
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
Clau
Enthusiast

Thank you all, particularly to Doitsu.