Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-16-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
Unhappy I've been struggling to send ebooks to koreader from an Android phone directly

Hey guys, I have an ebook reader running on android 4.2 and an Android Xiaomi phone running on Miui 12. I've been struggling to find a way to send ebooks from my Android phone to my ebook reader/Koreader; I have been using indirect methods like attaching the ebooks to an email sent to myself and then downloading it through the email. I have no problem sending ebooks to Koreader from my laptop using Calibre, but there is no Calibre app for Android that does what Calibre does on laptops. Do you have any suggestions to send ebooks directly to ebook reader/Koreader from Android phones?

Thanks in advance.
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:14 PM   #2
everdred
everdred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Remarkable 2, Android, Linux
Running an OPDS, WebDAV or FTP server on your phone would let you connect over wifi and download books. Or you could upload to Dropbox from your phone and then download using KOReader's Dropbox functionality.
everdred is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2021, 10:44 PM   #3
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Another way: start SSH server in KOReader, then connect to it with a sftp client on your phone.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #4
everdred
everdred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Remarkable 2, Android, Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Another way: start SSH server in KOReader, then connect to it with a sftp client on your phone.
This is actually a really good solution, probably better than most of the ones I suggested. It makes the "complex" portion of the process (running the server) as simple as clicking a checkbox in KOreader, while running the client on your phone should be less complicated.
everdred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:09 PM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
The SSH plugin that KOReader ships requires a patched dropbear(also shipped). It is currently supported for Kindles, Kobos and Cervantes.

Adding support for other platforms is out of scope. There're better ways to achieve the same with an external binary.

In the case of android you can use https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.galexander.sshd/.

rsync and rclone are other good alternatives to sync files across devices.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, ebook reader, koreader, send