Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #16
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.1.2 Released

This version addresses a bug that has come up with the release of Calibre 0.7.48 which can cause some very bizarre behaviour.

I have also changed the mapping for "historical-fiction" to the tag "Historical" instead of "History, Fiction" as suggested by dwanthy above.

Download from the first post.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.2.1 Released

This version fixes a couple of issues reported today to do with an invalid row being displayed in the fetch metadata screen when no match is found for ISBN or title/author.

I have also added logic to strip off anything in parenthesis from the title or author when performing the query. So those of you who previously had no matches due to titles having year information like "The Da Vinci Code (2010)" or "(Omnibus)" etc should have a greater chance of a match.

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-22-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Changed version number
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #18
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm not quite sure where this belongs, because this could be relevant to either this plugin or the plugin updater.
I noticed this morning that this plugin has been updated, so I fired up Calibre and started the plugin updater, only to see that there are no updates available for anything. Upon inspection, I noticed that the Goodreads metadata downloader is listed as v1.1.3 in the sticky (and in here), but reports v1.2.0 in my Calibre installation, so the updater probably thinks that the new version linked in the sticky is actually an older one. I downloaded the Goodreads metadata plugin the day before yesterday, I believe, so it probably would be v.1.1.2 and not v1.2.0, as it reported.
I'm aware that I can just update the plugin manually, but I haven't done so yet if you should need some data- though this will probably resolve to "it's just the old version being screwy, go ahead and update"
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #19
kiwidude

@Manichean - I think what happened was I screwed up the internal version number of the 1.1.2 release. I had bumped it to 1.2 a few weeks ago when I had starting making changes for the new metadata download API, then realised it was still a ways away from being ready. I must have forgotten to change the version number back, then released what I thought was the 1.1.2 version with a number of 1.2.0. I do remember spotting and correcting this a week or so ago, what I didn't realise was that the code I had uploaded had that version in it. Oops.

I have pushed another zip/updated the posts/index with a version number of 1.2.1 which will ensure plugin updater shows it as a new version for you. And yes, you could have just gone ahead and done the update and it would have put you back on the right version. However this way fixes it for everyone
Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #20
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
However this way fixes it for everyone
... and that's why I didn't just update
Thanks for your efforts.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #21
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Thanks again for this and other plug ins. I don't know why but it doesn't seem to be working for me now. Started a few days ago, but I thought that was because of the problem with goodreads, since search didn't worked in there too. But it got fixed, plug in worked again. Now goodreads search works but plug in not. And then plug in didn't return any results, always failed.

Now:
I download metadata for 20 books, it writes that failed to get metadata for 8 books in example. Others are downloaded according to the program. But there aren't. No summaries, no tags, ratings even the name doesn't get fixed (I removed one word from the title and it left it as it was and didn't even acknowledge that it was a bad name - it found a book but didn't fixed it).

This is about goodreads sync plug in, but I think it might be related, so I will write it here too. Then linking if book isn't found, I press find on goodreads, before the plug in would fill in the search and search automatically, now I am just sent to the search window without anything filled in and no search results. It's no big deal, but I think it could be related...

I need help, found out how to fix summaries font size, but now I cannot downlaod them . The story of my life lol
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #22
kiwidude

Please give some specific examples of title, author, isbn exactly as they are in your library of some of those books. Also have you run in debug mode to see the messages that come up, post that on here too. Use ctrl+shift+r to get into debug mode if you don't want to use the command line.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #23
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.7.54
Windows-Vista-6.0.6002-SP2
Windows
('Windows', 'Vista', '6.0.6002')
Python 2.7.1
Windows: ('Vista', '6.0.6002', 'SP2', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
get_categories: item contemporary is not in #shelf list!
get_categories: item pirates is not in #shelf list!
get_categories: item series is not in #shelf list!
and so on and so on with all the shelves I think....

Does it try to add tags to shelves? Why it even looks at shelves...

Started up in 20.7679998875
No Goodreads title/author match found for 'Trapped Nerves' by 'Drew Hunt'
openlibrary.org covers: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
amazon.com covers: cover for 9781606595244 found
No Goodreads title/author match found for 'All Or Nothing' by 'James Buchanan'
openlibrary.org covers: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
amazon.com covers: cover for 9781419913716 found

Now I tested with 4 books. Two with ISBN and 2 without, so it wrote that it failed to find the ones without ISBN. But it didn't actually find the other two too.

I searched on goodreads page with ISBN I have and it found the book.

Last edited by Noughty; 04-13-2011 at 04:59 AM.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #24
kiwidude

Thanks for the details, exactly what I was after.

The first part of your post really belongs on the goodreads sync plugin thread, I will take a look at that in a moment. I know there are multiple plugins named "Goodreads" but they are all independent of each other and issues to do with goodreads shelves have absolutely nothing to do with the metadata plugins.

However the issues you are having with the Goodreads metadata and covers plugins I have figured out thanks to you pointing this out. It seems Goodreads have changed their search URL. I will release a new version of both these plugins shortly.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #25
kiwidude

Actually, this will take a bit longer. I don't know if anyone noticed but goodreads have finally done something that I remember being mentioned of replacing "popular shelves" with a "Genres" section. So that means both a change to what I scrape from the page and the values in the tag mappings. Ahh, the joys of web scraping...
Old 04-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #26
kiwidude

v1.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Change the URL searched against as Goodreads have changed their website.
  • Change all the tag mappings as Goodreads no long has Popular Shelves and has Genres instead.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #27
kiwidude

v1.3.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for yet another website update by Goodreads that broke tags again.

Looks like Goodreads did an update a few hours ago between the version I posted earlier today and now which broke the tag scraping again. Thanks to Noughty for once again bringing this to my attention.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #28
SleepSeeker
SleepSeeker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Hello, maybe Goodreads has updated again, cause i'm not able to download any tags anymore.
SleepSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #29
kiwidude

v1.3.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Yet another change to the website by Goodreads that broke tags again.

I do wish they would get "done" already with their fiddling of genres. It is all improving which is the good news. They now appear to be ordered and displayed with a number of users. So we could make use of that in Calibre 0.8 - Kovid already has a tag limit check in place so you could say the top 2 tags to get some pretty specific genres...

BTW this plugin will not work for those of you testing 0.8 - it needs to be completely rewritten. I will be doing that soon and when I do will make a version available attached to a post within this thread for testing and feedback until 0.8 gets officially released.

@SleepSeeker - thx for reporting this and welcome to MobileRead
Old 04-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #30
SleepSeeker
SleepSeeker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks for updating so quickly. I appreciate all the work you do.
SleepSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote