Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Hodapp87
Hodapp87 began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Issues on a particular PDF

Hello,
I read a lot of PDFs on my Bebook. Occasionally (like, once every 10 hours of usage), when I try to change pages, instead of going to the next page it will return to the menu, however, this is rarely predictably reproducible.
But right now I am reading a PDF that does this somewhat frequently, and it also has crashed the reader at least 3 times (I try to change pages, the LED stays solid green and nothing happens, then either it turns orange on its own and I see the splash screen, or I hold the power button and reset it manually). And it only seems to do it on this PDF.
According to the "About" section: PDF parser version is V1.20.081027.

Could someone test this and see if the same happens? The file is here:
http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/~hodapp/pre...irrational.pdf
and tonight I read maybe 45 pages and had probably 3 or 4 screwups, so it shouldn't take long to reproduce the crash.
Now I'm pretty sure this PDF isn't technically legal for me to distribute. I don't want anybody (i.e. myself) to get in trouble... So, do the right thing, either delete it or buy it, respect the author, don't give to everybody else, etc.

Also, when I hit the Table of Contents button (whatever #7 is called), several of the chapters have an icon next to their number, like a folder with a plus sign, indicating that these have their own sections inside of them. When I try to select a chapter, I then get this list of sections. The trouble is, sometimes this just lists an appendix or something at the very end of a chapter. Is there any way I can just go to the beginning of the chapter, not to some subsection? When the device is randomly crashing, I end up frequently having to find my place again.
Hodapp87 is offline   Reply With Quote