Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-31-2018, 09:38 AM   #1921
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Thank you! I was able to snag a few titles I was missing in a couple of series!

Some other authors/titles that might be of interest in this sale include:
  • Dana Stabenow/Kate Shugak (mostly later titles, including the next to last, Bad Blood, which a lot of folks hated for the almost offensively cliff-hanger ending, and the last, Less than a Treason, which didn't redeem Ms. Stabenow IMO, but YMMV...)
  • some Mary Higgins Clark titles
  • some Shirley McKay titles, who, I think, may have started out self-pub ??? (although I've read several, and found them not bad), but now seems to have been picked up by Polygon Press
  • several titles by Denzil Meyrick (also Polygon)
  • Deja Dead, the first in the Temperance Brennan series by Kathy Reichs
  • titles in the Sandhamn series by Viveca Sten, which a couple of folks upthread have liked
  • some Phil Rickman/Merrily Watkins titles
  • some titles by CJ Box
  • some titles by Adrian McKinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Today’s Amazon.co.uk Big Deal is a lot of mysteries. It includes 11 Inspector Morse titles by Colin Dexter at £1.19 (the first 2 in the series are reduced to £5.23), and books 9-16 in the Inspector Montalban series by Andrea Camillieri at 99p (or £1.19 for 16).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031

It’s possible that some of the Inspector Morse’s are a repeat deal.

Last edited by sufue; 03-31-2018 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:05 AM   #1922
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Rock-a-Bye Bones is the next to last (201) in the Sarah Booth Delaney series by Carolyn Haines. It has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle US.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Bye-Bone...dp/B01772VVVK/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Sarah Booth Delaney knows the perfect way to begin recovering from both the recent attack on Scott Hampton’s blues club and her broken heart. She’s going to host a Thanksgiving feast for all of her friends at her ancestral home in Zinnia, Mississippi. But one bitterly cold night with the holiday just around the corner, Sarah Booth awakens to the insistent ring of her doorbell. She opens the door to find a newborn baby in a basket sitting on her front porch…and a pool of blood slowly seeping out from the basket. Before she can respond, an engine guns and a dark vehicle takes off.

After the police and a doctor ensure the baby is otherwise safe and healthy, Sarah Booth calls Tinkie Richmond, her partner at the Delaney Detective Agency. They know they need to do everything they can to find the baby's mother...even if they are starting to fall in love with the baby themselves. But as they track the baby's mother, Sarah Booth soon begins to suspect the woman might have been in danger; in fact, she might have been running for her life. And following in the woman's footsteps, Sarah Booth might find her own life on the line next.

USA Today bestselling author Carolyn Haines will once again delight readers with the next sparkling Sarah Booth Delaney mystery.

Last edited by sufue; 03-31-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Advert
Old 03-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #1923
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

A Florentine Death is the first in the Michele Ferrara series by Michele Giuttari. It has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle US.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Florentine-De...dp/B00GVG0548/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Chief Superintendent Michele Ferrara knows that the beautiful surface of his adopted city, Florence, hides dark undercurrents. When called in to investigate a series of brutal and apparently random murders, his intuition is confirmed.

Distrusted by his superiors and pilloried by the media, Ferrara finds time running out as the questions pile up. Is there a connection between the murders and the threatening letters he has received? Are his old enemies, the Calabrian Mafia, involved? And what part is played by a beautiful young woman facing a heart-rending decision, a priest troubled by a secret from his past, and an American journalist fascinated by the darker side of life?

Ferrara confronts the murky underbelly of Florence in an investigation that will put not only his career but also his life on the line.

Originally published in Italy as Scarabeo.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:34 PM   #1924
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I'm not familiar with Abandoned Bookshop as a publisher, but the blurb for this book says:

Quote:
The Forest Lake Mystery, originally published in 1903, is considered to be the very first Danish crime novel and the annual Danish crime writing awards are named in honour of its author, Palle Rosenkrantz.
which makes it sound as if it's legit, and could be interesting to read. I might not believe "the very first Danish crime novel", since that can be sort of subjective, but "annual Danish crime writing awards named in honour of its author" sounds pretty real. Maybe someone on this thread from the region would know more and could weigh in...

In any case, Forest is $2.51 at Kindle US and $2.99 (coupon/VIPable, and 5x Super Points this weekend) at Kobo US, probably just for the weekend.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Forest-Lake-M...dp/B0795FSLNL/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...t-lake-mystery

Spoiler:
Quote:
The original Danish crime novel available for the first time in English.

Detective Sergeant Eigil Holst is on holiday in the countryside when the body of a baby is washed up on the banks of a nearby lake. The local magistrate orders the lake to be drained and the body of a young woman is discovered, naked and weighed down with stones tied to her feet and neck. Her identity is a mystery.

Holst then takes it upon himself to find out where this woman came from, why she was in this remote location and who could have had motive to kill her. His investigations take him across Scandinavia and into central Europe as, gradually, he realises that the solution to the mystery could have huge implications on his own future.

The Forest Lake Mystery, originally published in 1903, is considered to be the very first Danish crime novel and the annual Danish crime writing awards are named in honour of its author, Palle Rosenkrantz.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:52 PM   #1925
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
There seems to be another Ed Noon (Michael Avallone) promotion going on at Amazon again. If you select one of the books, you can get the listing of 30 books and see what you don't have. Two more showed up as free, several .99, and $1.99.

Edited to add: Ok, I see someone posted about this a couple of days ago. Sigh. Anyway, still going on!

Last edited by Tarana; 04-01-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2018, 12:04 AM   #1926
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
There seems to be another Ed Noon (Michael Avallone) promotion going on at Amazon again. If you select one of the books, you can get the listing of 30 books and see what you don't have. Two more showed up as free, several .99, and $1.99. I own most of them, so can't tell the pricing on the remainder.
I only need 3 and my collection will be complete. But what I need is not on free.

#18 - https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00J0GUBKY/

#25 - https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0198ZOIN2/

#28 - https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0182YVWES/

The whole series
https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01ITI7LTM/
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #1927
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I only need 3 and my collection will be complete. But what I need is not on free.

The whole series
The Horrible Man and Hot Body came up free for me today. The other one was free in Jan 2016.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:33 AM   #1928
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Do the J. A. Konrath "Jack" Daniels books ever go on sale? I have taken a liking to the series, but at $5 a pop, I'd go broke real fast.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:33 AM   #1929
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

At least some of them go on sale pretty often. I see them as part of some of Kindle's sales sometimes. You might put Konrath into eReaderIQ, and get an email when one or more of his titles go on sale - just a thought...

Also I think a lot (all?) of his titles are available to read via Kindle Unlimited. KU memberships go on sale or have inexpensive trials from time to time, so maybe you could try that, if you're not already a KU member. If you are a KU member, well - problem solved.

Finally, when I took a look at Konrath's books, right now there is an omnibus of Rum Runner #9, Last Call #10 and White Russian #11 for $0.99 at Kindle US (US Kindle Countdown deal for the next 5 days or so); an omnibus of Dirty Martini #4, Fuzzy Navel #5 and Cherry Bomb #6 for $9.99, which is not great at $3.33 per book, but better than $5; and Shaken (#7) is only $1.99.

omni of 9, 10 and 11: https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Daniels-...dp/B079G93SDN/)

omni of 4, 5, and 6: https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Daniels-...dp/B00BAXT2UU/

Shaken: https://www.amazon.com/Shaken-Jacque...dp/B003M69XAM/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Do the J. A. Konrath "Jack" Daniels books ever go on sale? I have taken a liking to the series, but at $5 a pop, I'd go broke real fast.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:42 AM   #1930
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The President's Henchman is the first in the Jim McGill series by Joseph Flynn. The first few titles in this series were conventionally published before Flynn created his own Stray Dog Press, about which you can make your own decision as to whether it is self-pub or not. I have however, read and enjoyed almost all of the books in this series as well as some books in a spin-off series.

Henchman is free right now as the BN Readouts free weekend reading, and is also free at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Presidents-He...dp/B00DPYK8KK/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...t-s-henchman-2
BN US: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pre...=2940158986178

Spoiler:
Quote:
Imagine the United States has elected its first female president. That would make her husband — what?

Well, if he's the ex-cop who solved the murder of the president's first husband and brought the killers to justice … and if he's not the kind of guy to stand on formality … and if he doesn't want to be the head of the FBI … and if he takes out a license and becomes the first private eye to live in the White House …

That would make him The President's Henchman.

Jim McGill's first case is to find out who is stalking a member of the White House press corps, before that stalker turns the tables on McGill and maybe even threatens the president herself. He's also called upon to be a shadow advisor to a young Air Force investigator who is looking into a he-said she-said charge of adultery leveled against a female colonel working at the Pentagon, a case with the potential to derail the new president's administration before it has a chance to begin.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:16 AM   #1931
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Another Big Deal on Amazon.co.uk: The Millenium series by Stieg Larsson, books 1-3 are 99p each, and book 4 by David Lagercrantz is also 99p. Book 5 is not included in the deal.

In the April Monthly deal there are:

The Allingham Casebook by Margery Allingham, short stories at 99p:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allingham-C...gery+Allingham

The Silver Pigs by Lindsey Davis at 99p:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silver-Pigs...ALindsey+Davis
NB this is a repeat deal

Also a couple of Ken Folletts, both are priced sat 99p each:https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_in...rnid=535007031

Last edited by maddz; 04-01-2018 at 06:40 AM.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:06 AM   #1932
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Another Big Deal on Amazon.co.uk: The Millenium series by Stieg Larsson, books 1-3 are 99p each, and book 4 by David Lagercrantz is also 99p. Book 5 is not included in the deal.

Usual warning to anyone contemplating Played with Fire. You'll need to get Kicked the Hornets' Nest as well, as it's effectively one story over two books.
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #1933
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Don't Let Go is the most recent (2017) non-series title by Harlan Coben. It has dropped to £0.99 at Kindle UK as part of the April monthly sale. Nice to see a most-recent title at such a good price.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dont-Let-Go...dp/B01N6D95CC/

Spoiler:
Quote:
THE GLOBAL NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER

The brilliant new thriller from the international bestselling author of Home and Fool Me Once. Mistaken identities, dark family secrets and a murderous conspiracy lie at the heart of this gripping new bestseller.

'The modern master of the hook and twist, luring you in on the first page only to shock you on the last,' Dan Brown

'Coben is a phenomenon - the most reliable of American thriller-writers, the least likely to disappoint ... the true mystery is Coben's extraordinary capacity to keep writing such wonderful thrillers' The Times

'As moreish as ever' Sunday Times

'Simply one of the all-time greats - pick up any one of his thrillers and you’ll find a riveting, twisty, surprising story with a big, beating heart at its core.' Gillian Flynn

'Harlan Coben is a folk poet of the suburbs and his well-tuned new mystery, Don't Let Go shows why ... This kind of writing is what we call poetry.' New York Times

A SMALL TOWN IS HIDING BIG SECRETS ...

Fifteen years ago in New Jersey, a teenage boy and girl were found dead.

Most people concluded it was a tragic suicide pact. The dead boy's brother, Nap Dumas, did not. Now Nap is a cop - but he's a cop who plays by his own rules, and who has never made peace with his past.

And when the past comes back to haunt him, Nap discovers secrets can kill...
Old 04-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #1934
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Another 2017 title, not even out yet in the US (June, 2018): The Word Is Murder by Anthony Horowitz is £0.99 as part of the April monthly sale.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Word-Murder...dp/B01MT5Z1ET/

Spoiler:
Quote:
SHE PLANNED HER OWN FUNERAL. BUT DID SHE ARRANGE HER MURDER?

Buried secrets, murder and a trail of bloody clues lie at the heart of Anthony Horowitz’s page-turning new detective series. If you enjoyed BBC’s Sherlock, you’ll LOVE The Word is Murder!

Chosen as one of Crime Time's books of the year

'Raises the game-playing to Olympic level.' Guardian Books of the Year

'A real page-turner. I loved it!' ALED JONES (ITV, Weekend)

'The beguiling whodunit plot is dispatched with characteristic elan as Horowitz blurs the line between fact and fiction' (Financial Times)

'Splendidly entertaining, absorbing and difficult to put down. Hawthorne is an intriguing character' (Daily Express)

'Sharp-witted readers who think they've solved the puzzle early on can rest assured that they've opened only one of many dazzling Christmas packages Horowitz has left beautifully wrapped under the tree.' (Kirkus Reviews)

'Deduction and wit are well-balanced, and fans of Peter Lovesey and other modern channelers of the spirit of the golden age of detection will clamor for more' (Publishers Weekly)

A wealthy woman strangled six hours after she’s arranged her own funeral.
A very private detective uncovering secrets but hiding his own.
A reluctant author drawn into a story he can’t control.
What do they have in common?

Unexpected death, an unsolved mystery and a trail of bloody clues lie at the heart of Anthony Horowitz's page-turning new thriller.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:39 AM   #1935
steven168
Zealot
steven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toyssteven168 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post

The whole series

You purchased this item on March 27, 2018.

All these books are given free on 27 March
steven168 is offline   Reply With Quote