Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
idgaf2day
idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen.
Deregister my kindle

I have a 7th generation paperwhite and I am thinking of treating myself to the latest paperwhite (released Oct 27th) on Black Friday, assuming I can get a decent discount. I would like to donate my current kindle to a local charity but I want to remove all traces of myself and my books. Obviously I can just delete all the books but I also want to deregister the kindle entirely and leave it without an owner (me). Can this be done and if so, how?
Thank you for any advice.
idgaf2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 10:39 AM   #2
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Settings > Your Account > Deregister Device
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
go to Amazon on your PC>Go to books & devices . Got to Devices then delete the kindle

Or go to the Settings in the reader FACTORY reset!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
idgaf2day
idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the help. All I need now is a decent discount on Black Friday.
Old 11-15-2021, 02:58 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgaf2day View Post
Thanks for the help. All I need now is a decent discount on Black Friday.
Does Amazon offer trade-in credit towards new Kindle in UK? If so that could drop the price even more.

It’s unclear what BF deals there will be on PW 11th generation. It’s not as if they are having any problem selling them now: my delivery date is December 23 (I ordered about 10 days ago). If there aren’t any, maybe they’ll have one for Kindle Oasis.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2021, 04:43 AM   #6
idgaf2day

I'm not sure about trade-in credit in the UK. Must look into it.

There may be a bit of wriggle room re. prices in the UK as Kindles (and other Amazon devices) are all relatively more expensive here. Dollars = Pounds.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:38 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Does Amazon offer trade-in credit towards new Kindle in UK? If so that could drop the price even more.

It’s unclear what BF deals there will be on PW 11th generation. It’s not as if they are having any problem selling them now: my delivery date is December 23 (I ordered about 10 days ago). If there aren’t any, maybe they’ll have one for Kindle Oasis.
Yes they do, so long as the device you want to trade in is one they want. I recently traded an old K Touch, but they would also have taken my Voyage or Oasis 2.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote