Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
blackthorn
blackthorn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well I got a kindle 2

Hi all
After much debate I finally decided on the Kindle 2, which I think is reasonably priced and has a good bookstore to go with plus I can update to something 'better' (colour eink screen etc) when/if it becomes available. Its set to arrive on the 8th and I've already bought a few books in readiness The only disappointment for me is that some of the books I want to read are available in the US store but not in the Aus store (which I did know about before I bought-just not on what scale) which totally sucks I expected it with some of the lesser known stuff but I kinda expected that all the major authors available in the US would be available here too, for example I like Peter Robinson, I noticed he has a new novel (all the colours of darkness) out which is available in the US but not here I hope it's available for the Aus store soon
Vanessa
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hi Vanessa

Unfortunately that's just the way things are I live in the UK so the choice of ebooks here is also limited. I tend to read mostly classics and they are easy and free to get hold of but I also like fantasy books and more often than not, can't get hold of the fantasy ebook I want. That's life!

The Kindle is great though, many great features. I just got mine this week and putting it through its paces. Let us know what you think when it arrives
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #3
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
You can circumvent this by creating a U.S account and buy books from that. A lot of hassle though just to be able to buy books that should have been available in the first place.

However I don't believe this is Amazons fault. They would gladly sell you the book it's the publishers maintaining different rights for books in different countries that's the problem. Just proves that the publishing industry are outdated when it comes to e-book distribution and rights. There are no borders on the internet.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
blackthorn
blackthorn began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have heard about the US account, maybe one day. They do have most of the mainstream best sellers and writers here (I, alex cross, The monster in the box, Val Mcdermid and Kathy Reichs for example) I was surprised Robinson wasn't on the list-hopefully soon I'm really looking forward to my kindle!
Vanessa
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote