Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Collection (via Calibre) out of order?

Greetings--longtime eBook reader for years and years, but always on a Palm Pilot. A friend got me a PRS-700 for Christmas. I already had my collection set up in Calibre (Mac version), including a few 'Series'-es-es. One of them (the 'Foreigner' series by Cherryh) shows up in the proper order when I find it in Collections on the Reader, and have it on Sort by Order.

The other (Discworld) seems to be showing up in some arbitrary order (I can't quite figure out what it is basing it on--it's not alpha, for example, but it's definitely not sequential by series number either).

Am I wrong in assuming the PRS-700 is building its Collections index based on the Series field and numbering in Calibre? Both the collections/series (you know, not knowing the plural of 'series' is kind of humiliating) were set up in the same way. There is only one 'Discworld' in the series drop-down box in Calibre, I used the built-in incrementing function to select Book 1, Book 2, etc.

Anything else I may be missing or not understanding? And should this go in a different sub-forum?

Thanks in advance.

(I'm also glad I came here and found the tip on using a PSP charger--I love to read in bed with the lights off (had been doing it for years with my palm pilots), and have already woken up to a dead PRS-700 due to the backlight.)
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Update: I found a similar thread in the Calibre forum (which is probably where I should have posted this in the first place).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d=1#post314776
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
i was about to say that i heard of this bug before while trollign the calibre forum. unfortunatly i havent tried to make any collections yet (mainly because when i finish reading something i delete it off the reader.. its a way of keeping track of what i read)
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote