Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I know that on the 500, you had to have a "live" computer at the other end in order to charge, but I thought that the 505 had been changed you it would charge from any USB power source?
No. The change was that you can't charge a flat PRS-500 from USB where as you can with the PRS-505.

Also, people say hooking USB to an off computer will discharge it. I don't think this happened to me. Then again, I have a powered USB hub.

(Then again, I generally don't turn my PC off.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:32 AM   #17
tgharold
Enthusiast
tgharold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Maybe it's a firmware issue? (The reader looks for an appropriate connection thru the usb port before allowing it to charge?) Maybe Sony can fix this in a firmware update?
I'm hopeful... but I won't hold my breath. I dislike the idea of carrying around yet another cable. If it would charge off of mini-USB cell phone cables, I'd be a lot happier.

(Fortunately, I'm rarely way from my laptop for more then a day, so it's easy to hook the reader up to charge it using the USB port on the laptop.)
tgharold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert