Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
GarrettP1
Edge User

Customer Support Sucks

My Edge quit working and I am trying to return it for repairs.

I've been calling technical support for several days, with only one returned call.
That call was 15 minutes before their closing time, so by the time I got the message and called back, they were closed.

DO NOT purchase this product if you expect support or repairs!!!

Garrett

Last edited by GarrettP1; 11-12-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
done
Edge User

Hi Garrett,

Sorry to hear that you have been having a bad experience getting in touch with our support team. Do you have a ticket number that I could reference and have someone contact you?

Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Dr. T
Edge User

Just a note to any other current or potential customers out there... my experience with enTourage Tech Support has been exactly the opposite of Garrett's. I have found them to be incredibly responsive, answering any question I ask in a very timely manner.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
Franky
Edge User

I live in Switzerland and had a problem with my eDGe. The only problem I had, is the fact that they didn't do anything outside the USA and Canada.Even with that limitation, they alway's helped me. My eDGe is replaced and is working great.

There are alway's people who are not satisfied. I think the reaction of Garrettp1 is written out of anger. It's a pitty, but I still think the service of Entourage is good. It would be much better for Garrettp1 to fill his profile with minimum the country where he's living.

Furthermore, I think it's dumm to place such a threat anyway.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Chubulor
Edge User

Maybe he works for Notion Ink or Jack Daniels.

Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
alefor
Edge User

I have to chime in, that Entourage has been extremely responsive in making things right for my eDGe devices despite the fact that I live outside the USA. Replacement batteries were sent by FedEx in a very timely manner. I appreciate their efforts

Old 11-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
Bee
Edge User

Well, I wouldn't be too harsh on Garret. I tried contacting Customer Service for two solid days, calling them every hour, on the hour, for two days straight. All I received was a message saying "Customer Service is busy. Leave a message and someone will call you back." WHAT???? I own a lot of electronic toys and have NEVER gotten that treatment...ever! I'm going to hazard a guess that they were overwhelmed by some of the 13,000 HSN customers calling them and got backlogged and overloaded, as a result.

So, Garret, I understand your pain; I've been there and it's probably an anomaly, why they didn't call either you or I back.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
aidren
Edge User

I'll chime in, too. I had no serious problems, but I contacted Entourage via email several times and was surprised at how speedy the response time was. Maybe email (rather than phone) is the solution.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
GarrettP1
Edge User

Today was my third day of no call back from customer service. I have been calling their number (provided on the web site), and each time I leave my phone number and what the problem is.
From over 1 dozen calls by me, I had only one call back, as referenced above.
Today I tried something new: went to the internal phone directory for Entourage, and started calling people in what appears to be middle management, and leaving a polite voicemail about the problems and the lack of returned calls.
It was the end of the day today when I got that idea, so I think it will be Monday before I hear something.
I'm a physician (surgical specialty), and was using my Edge for holding some data for surgery. I think I am cured of that idea.
It's been very rare for me to encounter as shoddy service as Entourage gives. I have no explanation for it, but given that it's continuing, I have to believe it's reflective of the company at large.
Too bad, as the Edge was a nice idea.
Garrett

Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
dcubed2
Edge User

I think Entourage has been overwhelmed by the release of the Pocket Edge. They may have been totally unprepared for the needs of the general market vs. more techie/educational focus of the regular Edge, especially after reading Bee's post on the HSN reviews (no backlight, non user removable battery, etc). I've never called in for support, but my emails were always answered within a day or two (nothing was urgent). I will say that they had me ship the unit back and replaced the lcd side free of charge, and I hadn't even asked for that ;-). They really do try and provide good cs, but seem to be falling behind the 8 ball right now.

I hope they can get caught up asap, and provide the service we've had in the past. Sorry to all who've had poor experiences lately.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:18 AM   #11
borisb
Edge User

I understand your frustration, Garrett, but please understand that enTourage has always done everything it *can* when it comes to customer service.

With 13,000 units sold in effectively one day, and all shipping within a few days, I think enTourage was simply overwhelmed by the volume of calls as people require help in getting their eDGe set up. Remember that enTourage is not Apple or Microsoft with tens of thousands of employees The backlog will clear up, no question.

You may need to wait, but rest assured that enTourage will address your concerns

Old 11-13-2010, 02:27 AM   #12
teelu
Edge User

I dont know about what's happened currenly .........
But I had very pleasant experience with entourage customer service. That is about a month back, I called them at 5.45 pm est.....website said phone hours uptill 5. My call was answered with in 15 sec. Representative was very patient, stayed with me for over 15 min, till my problem was solved and all quesion were satisfactorily answered.
I can't think of any of the big or small companies that can match that.

I think Boris is right, just be a lil patient.......... poor service here seems to be an exception rather than a rule.

good luck

Old 11-13-2010, 03:07 AM   #13
jsfiller
Edge User

I have been extremely impressed with their customer service. I've asked several questions and had them work on particular projects just for me, and even though I haven't purchased an Edge yet, they have bent over backwards to help me. I've never had any company work with me as much as they have to solve problems and answer questions. not even after I've spent money of their products, much less before I've even committed to purchasing anything.

Maybe you could specify what your problem is? There are a lot of people on the forums who are very helpful. Perhaps someone can provide some insight or even a solution.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:48 AM   #14
edgeuserfan
Edge User

Yes, I would like to add too that I've consistently received excellent support from customer service since I purchased the entourage edge in may. They've always given me efficient and friendly customer service every time I've made contact with them. I must have contacted them at least 5 times for various inquiries and problems, and each time the problem was handled to my satisfaction. I struggle to think of other places that provides their level of service. Just my 2 cents

Old 11-13-2010, 05:47 AM   #15
GarrettP1
Edge User

I am pleased to hear that others have received good support. However, that's not been my experience, and it's been for 100% of the time that I've needed their support.
If the delay is due to being overwhelmed by recent sales, then they should hire some temp help. I don't need them to fix it for me via the phone, only to give instructions about
sending it back for repairs.
I'm not seeking any special service, only what was in the warranty.
Garrett