Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 03:43 AM   #1
Valec
Valec began at the beginning.

Device: M92
M92 completely frozen

While making some annotations in a pdf-file my M92 was suddenly completely frozen. I tried all buttons, I recharged it, I pressed the reset button for short and long times, but it does not react to anything. Is there anyway I can rescue the device?
Valec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #2
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Connect your device to charger, then hold power button until led goes off.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:47 AM   #3
Valec

Ok, I connect to the wall charger, press the power button and hold until the LED goes off. Then the led stays off as long as I keep holding the power button. If I release the button, it goes on again. Except for that, nothing happens, the device still does not react to anything.

What can I do?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Grab this : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar

And follow included guide.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Grab this : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar

And follow included guide.
Stop! before you do it please read:

I assume you don't see any changes on your screen (that is what you call freeze).
And the screen does not display some odd stripes and lines (broken screen)

Please try following steps:

1. disconnect from any power source
2. press reset button (the hole of rear cover)
3. try to power on your device and watch the LED.
a) Does it go on for a couple of seconds (blue LED) but nothing happens - most likely the screens is defective and your device must to maintenance. Content of the internal flash can be easily backuped.
b) Does blue LED blink three times? your battery is deeply discharged and must be revived. Connect your device for 10-20 hours to your PC (slow charging do it)
c) Does blue LED not go on - anything can be possible. Please try to revive the battery (like in step b) first. When it does not help - contact your vendor for service.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
Valec

The screen seems to be fine, there are no odd stripes. Also, I didn't excert any strong pressure to it.

Booxtor, I tried your procedure and the blue LED doesn't do anything. The orange LED went ojn when I plugged it in and was off in the morning.

seaniko7, is it dangerous to follow your procedure? In the quick quide, it says at some point "Afterwards you can remove the short circuit help." What is this short circuit help? It has not appeared in the user guide before that sentence.
After the procedure I have a reinstalled OS on the system? Will I loose my data on internal memory?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
Jojoaction
Jojoaction began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Hey,
I have the same problem! My screen is frozen but it is white and I cannot remember I switched it of and it has no powersafe-mode. When I did what Booxtor was suggesting, the blue light went off after 10sec or so? Does it mean my screen is broken? How could this happen?
I have a very important exam this friday and do not have the files on the boox M92 saved anywhere else. How can I get hold of them?
I would be very very pleased and happy for help!
Jojoaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Jojoaction
Jojoaction began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Another thing that is different, when the blue light turns off, the screen turns off as well, but there is a difference to the other times: it is greying. (German word would me grau meliert) Booxtor do you know what it could be?
Jojoaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoaction View Post
Another thing that is different, when the blue light turns off, the screen turns off as well, but there is a difference to the other times: it is greying. (German word would me grau meliert) Booxtor do you know what it could be?
The screen of your M92 is most likely not broken, but it could get a malfunction. It must be replaced (by warranty). If you are from Germany and bought your M92 in our store please contact me by phone (in impressum).
I will take care of your case to do repair in highest priority (because of our exam)

To backup your content please do following steps:
1. reset your device (to be sure it is off)
2. power on (blue led goes on for a couple of seconds) and wait ca. 1 min.
3. connect M92 to your PC (using USB) and press OK (joystick) button. Your PC should signal a connection and you should see a new removable data storage (boox) in explorer. You can backup your data now.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
Valec

Booxtor, my device is from your store, I think. Do I have to send it? Or can I first safely try the Mfgtools-Updater? What does this program do?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
bleph
bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox M90, M92 Black
Is anybody aware of a similar tool for the IMX31 models? I would like to uninstall the polish firmware on my M90.
bleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
bleph, do you tried this program? It seems to work ...

bleph, а эту программу пробовали? Вроде работает...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkidd
Istructions:

_Download this http://quelijaume.net/fotoblog/Repar...r%20Wolder.zip and extract the files contained in the root of the SD ( I'll Explain: all the files must be at the same level of the .upd files)

_Run the kernel_update.oar by push the OK button when is selected

_Waiting for ten minutes (You must wait ten minutes, even if the clock disappears before)

_If necessary prevent the reader goes into standby every now and then pressing the silver ring

_Put on the SD another firmware and shutdow and do a tipical upgrade procedure
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
bleph
bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bleph has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thank you Kirith. Unfortunately it does not seem to work. I copied all the files to the root of the SD card and ran kernel_update.oar. The busy icon (clock) appeared for a moment, then nothing. I downloaded the .upd file and placed it in the root of the SD card and then ran kernel_update.oar. No difference. I copied everything into the internal memory and tried again. Same result.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #14
bleph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
bleph, do you tried this program? It seems to work ...

bleph, а эту программу пробовали? Вроде работает...
It looks like zImage and zImage-initramfs in the archive above are meant for the older Boox-A60. And I am unable to extract them from onyx_update.upd because I do not have the correct password.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
Valec

I would like to get back to the original problem, please.
What does this program https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar do to my frozen M92? Can anyone explain to me, please?