Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Probably a silly queston!

I have been trying to create Sigil files with no "sgc-" CSS entries.

The following style sheet entry always shows up but no where in the code can I find it used.

Code:
  <style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/

p.sgc-1 {text-align: center}
  /*]]>*/
  </style>
Is it just an artifact or have I missed something?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I have been trying to create Sigil files with no "sgc-" CSS entries.

The following style sheet entry always shows up but no where in the code can I find it used.

Code:
  <style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/

p.sgc-1 {text-align: center}
  /*]]>*/
  </style>
Is it just an artifact or have I missed something?
Did you ever use the "Center Text" button (this particular entry)?

I am thinking that some also get created as a work-around for the WYSIWYG, Book Viewer. Work-arounds are common Just like I have to code around The ADE viewer that will not center a partial width HR
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
I often wish that Sigil wouldn't keep adding @page margins to documents, I have to admit. I'm not sure why it does.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you ever use the "Center Text" button (this particular entry)?

I am thinking that some also get created as a work-around for the WYSIWYG, Book Viewer. Work-arounds are common Just like I have to code around The ADE viewer that will not center a partial width HR
I never edit in book view. Always code view.

ADE is not the only RS that doesn't handle <hr /> very well. I went to various graphics as a work around. Tables aren't the only thing that graphics improves.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I never edit in book view. Always code view.

ADE is not the only RS that doesn't handle <hr /> very well. I went to various graphics as a work around. Tables aren't the only thing that graphics improves.
Then it is probably a work around.
You might peek and find what uses that selector (suspect a non H# title)
Margins work for me on HR tricks, I avoid graphics that can be done with entities or styl sheet tricks.
No tables for me
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Then it is probably a work around.
You might peek and find what uses that selector (suspect a non H# title)
I've done a global search and it never appears in the code.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
That I have not seen.

I find SGC codes scattered about (when used without my using a button) for headings, italics (<i> tags )
Old 09-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
LaoTseu
LaoTseu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindke
My experience is that if you remove the /* <!DATA ... entries, they are not put again by Sigil unless you use the WYSIWYG to format. I never use the WYSIWYG to apply styles once I've remove them so they stay gone forever.

It's strange that Sigil doesn't simply use <em> and <strong> for italic and bold instead of creating class.
LaoTseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
kmckinley
kmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-bookskmckinley has learned how to read e-books

Device: NOOK Simple Touch
Quote:
Have you tried searching in code view for only "sgc-1"?
kmckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #10
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
I often wish that Sigil wouldn't keep adding @page margins to documents, I have to admit. I'm not sure why it does.
I always set this myself in the stylesheet, so perhaps that is the reason I have not seen this behavior.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTseu View Post
It's strange that Sigil doesn't simply use <em> and <strong> for italic and bold instead of creating class.
Actually, I am glad. I feel that <em> and <strong> is very open for interpretation. The browser can decide that emphasis is bold or underline. It says nothing about the layout, only about the meaning of the words.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Actually, I am glad. I feel that <em> and <strong> is very open for interpretation. The browser can decide that emphasis is bold or underline. It says nothing about the layout, only about the meaning of the words.
Right.
I have yet to find a Strong TTF
or an EM TTF

I do have Bold TTF versions
I have Italic TTF versions

If a different type face was all I was after, I could use those tags.
I prefer to be more specific and use a stylesheet
Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Well, you can put the desired interpretation in the CSS stylesheet.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Well, you can put the desired interpretation in the CSS stylesheet.
Of course I can, but that is not the point. I really think that items like <em>, <strong> are misused. They should be used for structure, not layout.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #15
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Of course I can, but that is not the point. I really think that items like <em>, <strong> are misused. They should be used for structure, not layout.
Right, and CSS should be used for layout. So what's the problem? The structure here is "different kinds of emphasis".
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote