Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
littlebuster
littlebuster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2(KT3)
Talking KT3 can not jailbreak

I'm absolutely a newer in this field,so i have to seek for help .
I recently get a Kindle 2,it is also known to be KT3. when i first connected wifi ,it soon began upgrading automatically, I agreed innocently.
Then disaster came! one day,i watched a pdf file in my kt3 but got a bad user experience.I started search for help.So jailbreak became my best choice.

but my firmware version is 5.9.2.0.1,is the latest version.I have tried every way.
1. downgrade:but kt3 does't recognize the special firmware at all.
when i use firmware fro amazon,it shows invalid updated file.
2. use jailbreak tool: in search bar ';installHtml' return nothing

I am thinking ,can i make a updated firmware,version is newer than 5.9.2.0.1,such as 5.9.3.0.1 which is actually 5.8.2 from amazon but not special. Then we may downgrade.but i don't know how to do.
please help me .Thank you!
littlebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #2
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Your only option at present is the serial jailbreak. Be advised that this requires the proper hardware and procedure and involves opening your kindle and working with small, delicate contacts on the board. Using the wrong hardware or procedure can result in a paperweight.

If this was a new purchase then perhaps you can find something about it to merit exchanging it for a replacement. Assuming this can be done, ensure that the replacement does not update itself before you can jailbreak it.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
such as 5.9.3.0.1 which is actually 5.8.2 from amazon but not special
Where did you get that information? (link please).
And what do you mean by "not special"?

I do not see that 5.9.3.0.1 is current:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202065490

I do not see that they have ever released a 5.9.3.0.1:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200203720
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #4
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Where did you get that information? (link please).
And what do you mean by "not special"?

I do not see that 5.9.3.0.1 is current:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202065490

I do not see that they have ever released a 5.9.3.0.1:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200203720
I think he wants to know if it is possible to make an update for the kindle that installs an older firmware on the kindle, but the kindle thinks it is a newer firmware.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
I think he wants to know if it is possible to make an update for the kindle that installs an older firmware on the kindle, but the kindle thinks it is a newer firmware.
Only if you have access to Amazon's private key to sign the package, as all firmware packages to be installed are signed and the signature is verified before they are applied.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #6
littlebuster
littlebuster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2(KT3)

My kt3 is awarded from my company's annual celebration.
It's not my payment,so it's not important to me.
It doesn't matter to wait for a new jailbreak on 5.9.2.0.1.
Thank you very much.
littlebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #7
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebuster View Post

My kt3 is awarded from my company's annual celebration.
It's not my payment,so it's not important to me.
It doesn't matter to wait for a new jailbreak on 5.9.2.0.1.
Thank you very much.
You will probably have to wait for a long long time. One might never come out for it.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote