Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-23-2022, 02:17 AM   #7171
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackomb View Post
Unrelated to the above (I think), when looking at the job log during download I noticed a strange thing at the top

Spoiler:
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\****\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugi ns\\Fantastic Fiction.zip'

But this is not a plugin I installed, nor can I find it in the plugin list.
As @JimmXinu said, "Fantastic Fiction" is a metadata source plugin. It should work unless you didn't update it before updating to the Python 3 version of calibre. If you don't plan to use it, delete the plugin file from the configuration directory. Having it there won't harm anything, but, the error would distract me when debugging a problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:28 AM   #7172
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I came across a strange replace_metadata issue.

Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/works/39162696]
replace_metadata:
 status=>Completed=>In-Progress
For some reason, when I put this in, the story ignored all my other replace_metadatas, which had a bunch of weird results (for example, it broke the cover generation which was looking for 'Archive of Our Own' instead of 'archiveofourown.org').

a) Is this intended to happen? I noticed it with other replace_metadatas under url sections too, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

b) Is there an option other than replace_metadata to swap out the status?

I suppose I could just copy the relevant replace_metadatas down to the story section if I have to.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-23-2022 at 08:02 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #7173
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I came across a strange replace_metadata issue.

Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/works/39162696]
replace_metadata:
 status=>Completed=>In-Progress
For some reason, when I put this in, the story ignored all my other replace_metadatas, which had a bunch of weird results (for example, it broke the cover generation which was looking for 'Archive of Our Own' instead of 'archiveofourown.org').

a) Is this intended to happen? I noticed it with other replace_metadatas under url sections too, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

b) Is there an option other than replace_metadata to swap out the status?

I suppose I could just copy the relevant replace_metadatas down to the story section if I have to.
You forgot the 'add_to_'. See wiki.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 11:18 AM   #7174
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot about that. Thank you.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:57 AM   #7175
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Also, a quick question: Is using generate_cover_settings on site the same thing as selecting the per-site settings in the Calibre Cover tab?

I'm mostly wondering why the latter fails when I use replace_metadata on the sites. If it's the same code, it makes more sense (e.g. running it on 'category', users would want to run it on a merged 'The Elder Scrolls' rather than have a bunch of duplicate rules for the original Morrowind and Oblivion and Skyrim categories).

Code:
replace_metadata: 
## Prettyizes fanfiction publishers.
 site=>www.fanfiction.net=>FanFiction.net
 site=>archiveofourown.org=>Archive of Our Own

generate_cover_settings:
## Per-publisher
 ${site}=>^FanFiction.net$=> FFNet
 ${site}=>^Archive of Our Own$=>AO3

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-23-2022 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:16 PM   #7176
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

site is used to determine GC settings both in INI and from GUI.

Honestly, I never really considered anyone changing site--and I would recommend against it.

Instead, I suggest you modify publisher. For historical reasons, FFF uses site internally while publisher is copied from site and used to populate Calibre's Publisher column and (by default) on title page.

Doing so would require you to use the original www.fanfiction.net, etc in generate_cover_settings

I've tested it and replace_metadata on site applies to GC settings as I expected.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:26 PM   #7177
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I didn't realize that they could be used separately. I'll change it right away.

Can publisher==Archive of Our Own be used as a conditional, or is it better change it all to site==archiveofourown.org? (Or should I just move it all to an add_to under the site-specific settings?)

EDIT: publisher== seems to work, so that's good.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-23-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:49 PM   #7178
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I didn't realize that they could be used separately. I'll change it right away.

Can publisher==Archive of Our Own be used as a conditional, or is it better change it all to site==archiveofourown.org? (Or should I just move it all to an add_to under the site-specific settings?)
Using site would be mildly more efficient than publisher when it's been edited. I think? Maybe? It may be cached.

It would definitely be less hassle if you later decided you want publisher to be AO3 instead or whatever.

Putting replace/GC lines in site specific sections instead of using conditionals in [defaults] will be more efficient when d/l'ing from other sites because then they won't need to be checked.
Old 05-23-2022, 02:13 PM   #7179
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As @JimmXinu said, "Fantastic Fiction" is a metadata source plugin. It should work unless you didn't update it before updating to the Python 3 version of calibre. If you don't plan to use it, delete the plugin file from the configuration directory. Having it there won't harm anything, but, the error would distract me when debugging a problem.
Done that, thx.
It wasn't bothering me perse, just when you get that error and you're looking for the source you come across all errors and then there is that tiny possibility that that could be contributing to the problem. Best to get rid of it before.
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:31 PM   #7180
AlexOP
AlexOP began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, sorry to bother, again, and with https://wuxiaworldsite.net/ again, but is not working anymore .

Thanks
AlexOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:27 PM   #7181
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

wuxiaworldsite.com is an alias for wuxiaworld.site, which is being removed for incompatible site changes. See #758
Old 05-25-2022, 08:18 AM   #7182
CuddlyMakani
CuddlyMakani began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
I'm getting an error when I try to update Ao3 stories through email. It fetches the metadata and downloads the books, but then the notification to add them to the library isn't there. It reappears after downloading/updating another story.

Also, another seems to only happen when there's a series under the links (I click "Yes to all" when it asks to skip the anthology story).

The 2 problems started around 1 week ago.

(the 2nd Error is: Unhandled exception. TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'NoneType')
CuddlyMakani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:57 AM   #7183
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Try the lastest test version (see my sig below).

If you still have problems, run in Calibre debug mode (under Calibre preferences dropdown), reproduce the problem and post the debug log (please use [spoiler][code] tags, attach as a file, or upload somewhere and post link).
Old 05-26-2022, 09:32 AM   #7184
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2022-05-26
- adapter_mediaminerorg: More story URL forms. #845
Old 05-28-2022, 12:24 PM   #7185
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
custom_columns_settings

The update on May 18 invalidated something in my personal.ini. Does anyone please have a quick tip on what I need to adjust?

So far the following has worked fine for FFN:
Code:
[fanfiction.net]
use_flaresolverr_proxy:true
never_make_cover: false
custom_columns_settings:
 category=>#ts
 category=>tags
This now leads to the following message:
Quote:
Custom column name must start with '#' (tags) found for custom_columns_settings
I am sure it is a silly mistake on my part. But I also can't find the solution via the wiki on github.
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction