Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-05-2022, 01:27 AM   #1
adfadfsasdfafafd
Enthusiast
adfadfsasdfafafd has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Marvin 3 display bug when resizing font

I recently bought a new iPad mini, and bought Marvin 3 (having been running Marvin 2 for many years on old devices). If I resize the font in one book (for that book only), and then switch to another, the formatting is off centre with some words not showing, as in the attached screenshot.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix or a workaround?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_D634CD604621-1.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	191352  
adfadfsasdfafafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:24 AM   #2
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfadfsasdfafafd View Post
I recently bought a new iPad mini, and bought Marvin 3 (having been running Marvin 2 for many years on old devices). If I resize the font in one book (for that book only), and then switch to another, the formatting is off centre with some words not showing, as in the attached screenshot.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix or a workaround?
Yes, it happens to me too, but just occasionally - I use Landscape. To fix it, I generally just x out of the book, go to currently reading category and choose the book again. Usually that works. If that doesn't work, close Marvin app, then close Marvin completely. One of these usually works for me.

If you are reading in Landscape, and close it or go to a different app, one of the problems Marvin 3 has is to lose its place when you go back to that book. I always bookmark my place before leaving, then I can find it again. Not the most ideal, but I've found Marvin 3 the best ereader for my needs, so am willing to put up with its eccentricities.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:22 AM   #3
adfadfsasdfafafd
Enthusiast
adfadfsasdfafafd has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks! In some sense I'm glad it's not just me, but it's sad these things will never get fixed.
adfadfsasdfafafd is offline   Reply With Quote