Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-27-2021, 11:21 AM   #811
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
I would transfer your books over bt in the future. Just file manager to file manager.
I tried, but the file manager doesn't show the option to transfer anything, only copy, delete, cut and pick all files.

Edit: I copied the files to the wifi-transfer folder and then I could see them from Mimas and downloaded. What is strange is all the files transfered that way are identified as txt, not pdf or epub. I had to copy the files from T80s to the computer, transfer the files to Mimas from there and then they were identified correctly.

Last edited by viceant; 06-27-2021 at 12:31 PM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #812
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I tried, but the file manager doesn't show the option to transfer anything, only copy, delete, cut and pick all files.

Edit: I copied the files to the wifi-transfer folder and then I could see them from Mimas and downloaded. What is strange is all the files transfered that way are identified as txt, not pdf or epub. I had to copy the files from T80s to the computer, transfer the files to Mimas from there and then they were identified correctly.
Oh right sorry forgot my first action is always to grab root explorer off the playstore or sideload it as I use that already on all my android devices. Yeah stock file manager is junk. That sounds like the wifi thing converts it for some reason instead of just copying the files.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #813
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Built-in reader annoys me a lot because I find difficult get the options by sliding my finger from the bottom. If the book is in landscape view, I can't get them.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #814
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
LikebookMimas-T103D-updated FW ( V3.1.1) released!

Update package: https://mega.nz/file/rAxiHLRb#DgiJTV...IehmB76QP5CreE

UPDATE tips:
  1. Download update package first
  2. Change the file name to "update"
  3. Copy the ZIP package to your Mimas (no for other model)
  4. Update FW from local memory

Click image for larger version

Name:	E-LVs-8VkAA8zDK.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	189257

Name:	E-LYL7vUcAQEEXn.png
Views:	230
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	189258

From: https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...330564102?s=20
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:07 AM   #815
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Just in case if someone lost link to 3.0.2.

Firmware:
https://mega.nz/file/SNBWGJwK#JtJEGR...ZnGeULb5P_D4ks

DriverAssistant:
https://mega.nz/file/TFYUBQpZ#j562jV...UVfg28zGkGgGJk

Reuploaded to google drive:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...MO?usp=sharing
Link has:
- Driver assistant (or RKBatchTool) which you use to apply 3.0.2 update
- 3.0.2 firmware from which you can upgrade to 3.1.0 via OTA
- 3.1.1 firmware for local upgrade. Rename file to 'update.zip' and apply in Settings -> Updates
- Upgrade manual (see page 52 of this thread in case you can't figure out on how to flash firmware)

Last edited by Bratken; 11-30-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2021, 10:14 AM   #816
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

But Notes are too sluggish. I checked memory usage and i guess Boyue scaffolded that episode. Now if free memory drops down to 70-80 megs, airbook os forces itself to free memory so Notes won't crash. And while memory is being freed Notes are not responding. This is obvious of you switch between two pages back and forth.
Wrote Boyue an email asking if they have any plans on fixing it but still no reply.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:51 AM   #817
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
It was release like 3 years ago. I think this was the last update we will ever get.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:51 AM   #818
viceant
Addict

I guess it will be the last update for any Boyue device because this
Old 12-29-2021, 04:06 AM   #819
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
F.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:24 AM   #820
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Boyue is going out of business, Likebook brand sold to Ruixin

The post https://goodereader.com/blog/boyue-e...sold-to-ruixin in now unavailable... I don't know if that was a @Goodereadermike Spanish Day of the Holy Innocents joke (kind of April Fools' Day) or what.

You can still see that the post was published in the post list at https://goodereader.com/blog/author/michael-kozlowski

Name:	Screenshot_2021-12-29-11-02-46-328_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	617.5 KB
ID:	191068

But the full content of the article can be foud at: https://bakarblida.com/boyue-goes-ba...old-to-ruixin/
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:29 AM   #821
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubensa View Post
The post https://goodereader.com/blog/boyue-e...sold-to-ruixin in now unavailable... I don't know if that was a @Goodereadermike Spanish Day of the Holy Innocents joke (kind of April Fools' Day) or what.

You can still see that the post was published in the post list at https://goodereader.com/blog/author/michael-kozlowski

Attachment 191068

But the full content of the article can be foud at: https://bakarblida.com/boyue-goes-ba...old-to-ruixin/
Strange because they are canadians.
Old 12-30-2021, 09:45 AM   #822
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
page not found
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 02:34 AM   #823
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Likebook Mimas
Pulled the withdrawn article from a cache:

Quote:
Boyue has been making e-readers for six years and primarily focused on the Chinese market. Over the course of the past three years, they started to market their products overseas and introduced English to spur adoption. Their first generation of products that were developed for a wider audience was the Likebook Mars, Mimas, Muses, Ares and Alita. The vast majority of these were ebook readers, that came with a WACOM screen and had note taking functionality. Sales were very strong and reviewers had mostly good things to say. In 2020, Boyue took the year off and started their own factory and started to make their own devices, instead of outsourcing the manufacturing to a 3rd party. The first new devices they released were the Likebook P6, Likebook P78, Likebook P10, they also signed an agreement with LemonRead to produce thousands of units, but the deal mostly fell through. This resulted in Boyue having a surplus of over one thousand units, that they had to write off. Good e-Reader has official confirmation that Boyue is going out of business and the Likebook brand has been sold to Ruixin Group.

Boyue is going out of business within the next few weeks and most of their staff at their corporate headquarters in Shenzen will be laid off. Their factories have already closed. Some of their senior executives will be staying on during the transitionary period. They will be advising them with software development, which includes the source code for all of their devices. They also have a warranty program and all of this information is stored in a database, which will be forwarded and shared. Ruixin is now processing payments from distributors and wholesalers for Likebook orders, they have been doing this for the past few months.

One of the reasons why Boyue went out of the business is due to their inaccessibility. They never developed their own website or internet forums for help and support. They ran a Twitter account and Facebook Group, but none of them had any moderators to answer any questions. These social platforms existed to promote their own products. Boyue sold their own products in the Chinese market directly, on platforms such as AliExpress. They had a number of distributors, that bought devices and resold them on their own websites and e-commerce platforms. I know some of the stronger markets were in South-East Asia, such as Vietnam. Good e-Reader is also an official disturber of Boyue, and we are their largest partner. One of the other reasons why the business failed, was the EPD (electronic paper display) shortage. Their P6, P78 and P10 e-readers were selling very well, but they couldn’t meet the demand from consumers, there simply was not as many e-paper panels to go around. The only product that is currently being sold is the P10W, which has a WACOM display and a new note taking system. All of the distributors that Boyue had, are now paying Ruixin for these products.

The Likebook brand will be officially dead, and no new products will have this name, going forward, starting next year. It remains unclear what the brand name will be called and or the marketing message. Ruixin will be developing their own line of products. They will be developing a successor to the P78, called the P78 Pro. All of the other devices are currently unknown, but I believe some should be announced by the Summer or Fall of 2022.
Jantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 03:39 AM   #824
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
web.archive.org/web/20211228181218/https://goodereader.com/blog/boyue-ereader-news/boyue-is-going-out-of-business-likebook-brand-sold-to-ruixin
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:36 AM   #825
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
web.archive.org/web/20211228181218/https://goodereader.com/blog/boyue-ereader-news/boyue-is-going-out-of-business-likebook-brand-sold-to-ruixin
Obviously there are a few things that are not quite right - Boyue is still there.
The Likebook Reader Store on Aliexpress was gone for 2 days, now it's back.
Questions to likebook@boyue.com will also be answered
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote