Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Lawrence Block Backlist $3.99 (Amazon/Kobo/Nook/Sony/iBooks/Google) [Mystery]

I'm not sure if this is a publisher promotion or a sale or what, but I noticed that many of Lawrence Block's backlist titles are now priced at $3.99 at Amazon:
Regular HarperCollins pricing for these runs between $6.99 and 9.99 from what I've seen. I checked Kobo, B&N, and Sony earlier and they had the regular prices, just checked Kobo again and they are now showing the $3.99 prices.

ETA: These are now available at all the ebook vendors and it is indeed a publisher promotion, which should last a couple of weeks according to Lawrence Block's blog.

Last edited by Synamon; 04-11-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I love his Keller series. Can't wait for the next one
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My library has #1,2, and 4 of the Keller series, so I'll be buying #3 (Hit Parade) for sure. Off to check on availability of the others....
Old 04-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Thanks!
Actually had my finger ready to one-click 'The Thief Who Couldn't Sleep' last week, but decided to wishlist instead.
Looks like my patience has been rewarded...

ETA - Also picked up 'Burglars Can't be Choosers' - I also like Bernie, and read a couple out of order but want to finish up the lot...

Last edited by mitford13; 04-09-2012 at 05:10 PM.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Thanks!
Actually had my finger ready to one-click 'The Thief Who Couldn't Sleep' last week, but decided to wishlist instead.
Looks like my patience has been rewarded...

Good timing. I picked that one up to try, looks hilarious and I don't remember reading any of the spy ones.
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
That's a good deal. Unfortunately, I've read them all, and I don't really think they're the sort of books that lend themselves to re-reading. Though definitely worth that first read.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
I actually love rereading the Bernie Rhodenbarr books--but I ended up getting them all for Christmas this year. It was great to have a thick stack of paperbacks to get rid of though.

Highly recommend that series; I've really enjoyed it.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #8
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I'm not sure if this is a publisher promotion or a sale or what, but I noticed that many of Lawrence Block's backlist titles are now priced at $3.99 at Amazon:
Regular HarperCollins pricing for these runs between $6.99 and 9.99 from what I've seen. I checked Kobo, B&N, and Sony earlier and they had the regular prices, just checked Kobo again and they are now showing the $3.99 prices.
Eight Million Ways to Die is 13.17 with the Australian Murdoch Minions ripoff pricing.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Thanks, Syamon!
It's hard to beat Lawrence Block in any style he chooses to write! I've read nearly everything he's written over the years (courtesy of my local libraries), have a number on my bookshelves. I'll be scanning to look for gaps! Hard for me to pick a favorite series among these, they're all very good.
Thanks,
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I ended up buying all 4 Keller books (I have them in paperback but I've had them on my "want in ebook form" list), The Sins of the Fathers and Hope to Die (both Scudder books)
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Eight Million Ways to Die is 13.17 with the Australian Murdoch Minions ripoff pricing.
There was a big sale on Block titles a few months ago which I couldn't access, I'm still seething over the region disparity on his books so should probably avoid this thread
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
A great intro to Lawrence Block is also on sale for $3.99, and excellent value at almost 900 pages: Enough Rope - collection of 83 short stories.

Quote:
Enough Rope, a collection of superb stories, establishes the extraordinary skill, power, and versatility of contemporary Grand Master Lawrence Block.

Block's beloved series characters are on hand, including ex-cop Matt Scudder, bookselling burglar Bernie Rhodenbarr, and the disarming duo of Chip Harrison and Leo Haig. Here, too, are Keller, the wistful hit man, and the natty attorney Martin Ehrengraf. Keeping them company are dozens of other refugees from Block's dazzling imagination, all caught up in more ingenious plots than you can shake a blunt instrument at.

Half a dozen of Block's stories have been short-listed for the Edgar Award, and three have won it outright. All the tales in Block's three previous collections are here, along with two dozen new stories. Some will keep you on the edge of the chair. Others will make you roll on the floor laughing. Enough Rope is an essential volume for Lawrence Block fans, and a dazzling introduction for others to the wonderful world of Block magic!
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #13
Synamon
Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozron View Post
A great intro to Lawrence Block is also on sale for $3.99, and excellent value at almost 900 pages: Enough Rope - collection of 83 short stories.
Thanks ozron, I missed that one. It's priced at $11.99 at B&N, Sony, and Google Play (still haven't dropped their prices), so it's definitely a great deal.

I was looking at the Scudder short story collection The Night and the Music earlier, but it's still at the regular price of $4.99 so I passed. I snapped up Enough Rope though.

ETA: iBooks has the $3.99 pricing.

Last edited by Synamon; 04-09-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #14
Synamon
Lunatic

Sorry, Aussies. Maybe when Sony price matches?

Last edited by Synamon; 04-09-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
There was a big sale on Block titles a few months ago which I couldn't access, I'm still seething over the region disparity on his books so should probably avoid this thread
Ah well, if Amazon can just do the address change thing and get them that way.

I have read Enough Rope before though.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote