Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Thank you for your eBook. I do plan to read it. But I do feel the formatting will need some fixing up. Once I fix the ePub, would you like me to send you a copy?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #32
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For those of you who have bought MetaGame for 1 penny on the Amazon Store (http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002L4EXB0), I want you to know that MetaGame is now #48 on the Kindle Best Seller's list! Believe me, for an indie book, that's hard to do.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...2?ie=UTF8&pg=2
You made it happen. Thanks!
Sam Landstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #33
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JSWolf, I'd definitely like a copy. I can then make the better version available through my website.

So how bad is it?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #34
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
For those of you who have bought MetaGame for 1 penny on the Amazon Store (http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002L4EXB0), I want you to know that MetaGame is now #48 on the Kindle Best Seller's list! Believe me, for an indie book, that's hard to do.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...2?ie=UTF8&pg=2
You made it happen. Thanks!
Nice work! :
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:30 AM   #35
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Quote:
BTW, the version in the Amazon store (for Kindle customers) was updated too and that one is only a penny, so if you'd rather use whispernet, go here: http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002L4EXB0.

I'd give it away, but Amazon won't let it go for free. Only traditional publishers can swing that deal. ):

Let me know if you run into issues with these formats. AND let me know if there are more formats you'd like me to include.

Sam
Dear Mr. Landstrom,
Thank you so much for giving away your hard work for just a penny; I don't know what I did to deserve it but I most certainly appreciate it!

I was delighted to find your book, MetaGame, listed on amazon's "Best sellers in Kindle" (position #21 at the time of my purchase) for one cent. And I got that "Oh yeah, I just got sumpin really good for [basically] free, Baby!" thrill when I clicked that Buy Now button! Sweet! Thanks a bunch!

The plot really does sound quite interesting, too. And, although I do have a huge TBR list (~180 eBooks currently), your book is up there on the list, ahead of many, TBR soon.

Thanks again for your generosity,
Xia

Last edited by Xia; 09-22-2009 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Clarity
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #36
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Awesome, Xia! Let me know what you think when you're done.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:21 AM   #37
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Quote:
Awesome, Xia! Let me know what you think when you're done.
I will do that! And thanks again for your generosity!!

Best wishes,
Xia
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #38
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Thank you for sharing your work Sam
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #39
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Just started reading it and I do mean I JUST started
Just what you could call the prologue Lets see how it goes
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #40
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am still early on the book but the fact that the chapters do not start on their own page is most annoying
Old 10-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #41
rcuadro
Wizard

Well, the book is finished and I have to say that this is the most original story that I have read. I loved it!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #42
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I am still early on the book but the fact that the chapters do not start on their own page is most annoying
Have you noticed other books do? As far as the finer points of formatting goes, I just guessed. I'm not sure how you can enforce a chapter to start on it's own page in an ebook that might be seen on a variety of devices.

Thanks for the feedback, something to keep in mind.

Sam
Old 10-09-2009, 01:08 AM   #43
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Well, the book is finished and I have to say that this is the most original story that I have read. I loved it!
Most original ever? Wow, that would be quite a statement! I should put that on my marketing page... when I make one.

Thanks for reading,
Sam
Old 10-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #44
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Have you noticed other books do? As far as the finer points of formatting goes, I just guessed. I'm not sure how you can enforce a chapter to start on it's own page in an ebook that might be seen on a variety of devices.
I don't know about a majority of devices, but there is a newpage command that, if present in the HTML, will trigger a new page on the Kindle in the mobi version (and on screen in the pc mobi reader). I think I even have it in some notes somewhere, but would have to track it down. I don't know that Word bothers to put in the command, though, when it does a save to html (and you can't see it, of course, in an html viewer, as html doesn't understand page breaks). And most of the converter programs from PDF don't put them in either, it seems (which makes sense, as otherwise there would be a page break for every PDF page).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #45
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Thanks koland. Now that I know there's a way to do this, I did a search and according the website I found the <mbpagebreak /> tag will make this happen. I'll try it out.

Thanks,
Sam

Tags
adventure, high tech, metagame, science fiction