Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 01:14 AM   #1
tentakel
tentakel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Tolino Shine 3 SD Card Image for Kobo

Hello!
I want to try to flash the tolino firmware on to my Kobo Clara.
Did by any chance someone here aquire flashable SD card image of the internal card of the tolino shine3?
Help much appreciated!
tentakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
elhakan
elhakan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara hd
I need same image please
elhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2019, 01:48 AM   #3
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
I can tell you from my own experience, that using a Kobo Clara image on a Shine 3 won't work at all. So I guess it won't work the other way, too!
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post
I can tell you from my own experience, that using a Kobo Clara image on a Shine 3 won't work at all. So I guess it won't work the other way, too!
Correct.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:38 AM   #5
vanzetti
vanzetti began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post
That's a pity, I was looking for information on using the Clara software on the Shine since the Tolino software seems be regarded as more basic than Kobo's. Can you tell me why it won't work? Are the devices not as similar as it seems?
vanzetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2020, 05:14 AM   #6
stonegrey
stonegrey began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647b, Kobo Aura, Hisense sero 7pro - jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzetti View Post
That's a pity, I was looking for information on using the Clara software on the Shine since the Tolino software seems be regarded as more basic than Kobo's. Can you tell me why it won't work? Are the devices not as similar as it seems?
They use different SoC's, the addresses that the OS reads and writes to are in different locations meaning that they are not compatible. The Kobo runs a custom version of Linux and and Shine a custom version of Android (which is Linux based). Both OS's would have to be decompiled and completely rewritten.
stonegrey is offline   Reply With Quote