Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
willmize
willmize began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
New Paperwhite, Old Mac (10.13) and Old Calibre (3.48) and Covers

Just like it says on the tin, I am having difficulty in getting book covers to show up on my brand new Kindle Paperwhite when sideloading books from Calibre to the Kindle via USB.

I'm using my old Macbook Air, running High Sierra (10.13) and therefore, Calibre 3.48.

I've found many different possible solutions - plugging it in, unplugging it, adding the amazon AISN#, coverting to MOBI, converting to AZW3, and so on.

My assumption here is that my computer is too old, my version of Calibre is too old, and my Paperwhite is too new.

I'm about ready to give up on having pretty covers to go with my books on my pretty e-reader, but thought I would try here.

Help me Obi-Wan(s), you're my only hope!
Thank you in advance for your help!

- Bill
willmize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-generic-cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:41 AM   #3
willmize
willmize began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you for this, Kovid!
I do appreciate your response and your help!
As you mention, it's not the perfect fix, but it is a fix, and also keeps Amazon out of your business

I wish you all the best.
Thank you for Calibre and thank you for everything you do for the community.

- Bill
willmize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre 3.48, kindle, paperwhite