Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Logo Maker -- any instructions?

i thought about downloading this little prog whilst I wait for my PP.
Was wondering if there's any instruction how to make the screens?

Thanks all.

jb
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
This thread might be of some help (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58133). Unfortunately I have not played around with the logo maker so I can't give any specific help, but this thread seems to solve most problems.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Aren't there any in the download?
Anyway, the most important things:
Size - 600x800
Format - jpg
In order to get some decent quality of the picture try to convert the image into one with less colors in the palette. I *think* IrfanView will do the job but I'm *sure* GIMP can.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
CCampbell202
CCampbell202 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
I used the program but when I placed the folder structure and files in the subfolder, I didn't get new menu entry Updating Boot and Shutdown Logo. The last option is set time. Can anyone help with this?
CCampbell202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCampbell202 View Post
I used the program but when I placed the folder structure and files in the subfolder, I didn't get new menu entry Updating Boot and Shutdown Logo. The last option is set time. Can anyone help with this?
What folder name did you use? I believe it has to be named:

jinke

No capitals, no spaces, no nothing.

Run the program on your computer, and get the bin file. I loaded all four, the bin, the program, and both pictures in my jinke folder. But I think you only need your resultant bin folder. Anyone know?

With the jinke folder, you should get the option.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
What folder name did you use? I believe it has to be named:

jinke

No capitals, no spaces, no nothing.

Run the program on your computer, and get the bin file. I loaded all four, the bin, the program, and both pictures in my jinke folder. But I think you only need your resultant bin folder. Anyone know?

With the jinke folder, you should get the option.
You need something like:

X:/jinke/logo/(files you got from the logomaker program) [where X is your SD card letter]

Im gona post my custom logo i use right now, just unzip the file on the root of you SD card, see what you need and enjoy putting your own custom opening/closing screens
Attached Files
File Type: zip jinke.zip (793.3 KB, 267 views)
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
CCampbell202
CCampbell202 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
You need something like:

X:/jinke/logo/(files you got from the logomaker program) [where X is your SD card letter]

Im gona post my custom logo i use right now, just unzip the file on the root of you SD card, see what you need and enjoy putting your own custom opening/closing screens
Thanks. I got it to work with the images that I created.
CCampbell202 is offline   Reply With Quote