Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
360 dictionary questions

I have a few questions about the dictionaries.

1)
Are there less involved ways of acquiring new dictionaries than the ones described in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60689
Is there a manual for the converter utility, for instance? Most of the instructions in the abovementioned thread are too technical for me, they assume more advance knowledge than I have.

2)
Are there more (legal) dictionaries available than the ones provided on the Pocketbook site? Those tend to be translation dictionaries. What I'm mainly looking for are good French and German single-language dictionaries.

3)
Is it possible to access the dictionary directly from the text you're reading, like it is with the Sony PRS-600? E.g. you select a word (in the Sony by clicking on it with the touch screen -- obviously this should be done differently on the 360), and then immediately the corresponding item in the dictionary pops up.
I saw some comments in dictionary threads here that suggested this was possible, but no clear explanation as to how I could select a word on the current page on the PB 360.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
3)
Is it possible to access the dictionary directly from the text you're reading, like it is with the Sony PRS-600? E.g. you select a word (in the Sony by clicking on it with the touch screen -- obviously this should be done differently on the 360), and then immediately the corresponding item in the dictionary pops up.
I saw some comments in dictionary threads here that suggested this was possible, but no clear explanation as to how I could select a word on the current page on the PB 360.
When you are reading an ebook, pressing the center button calls up an icon menu from which you can call up the dictionary (which takes up about a third of the screen). After that, you use the 4-way rocker ring to navigate the text word-by-word.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that works excellently. Brilliant, thanks.
Could've tried that out for myself, I guess.

Impressively intuitive GUI on this ereader, really. I mean -- it's about as easy & intuitive as the Sony, but a lot richer, more flexible & tweakable. So far, I'm very impressed.

Now for some good general French & German dictionaries. Bilingual (F-E and G-E) if need be.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #4
Galina
Enthusiast
Galina began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Yes, that works excellently. Brilliant, thanks.
Could've tried that out for myself, I guess.

Impressively intuitive GUI on this ereader, really. I mean -- it's about as easy & intuitive as the Sony, but a lot richer, more flexible & tweakable. So far, I'm very impressed.

Now for some good general French & German dictionaries. Bilingual (F-E and G-E) if need be.
Should you find some, please let us know where to download them.
galina
Galina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
franklekens
Addict

For starters, see other thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75396
Advert