Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Adding styling to a flowing text layout

I have to do an epub which the source file is an InDesign .indd

I know how to style certain tags but I see this particular document has images with wrapped around text. I would think I would need to use css here but a little worried how much work this will take.

A pic of one of the pages is in the attached.

Any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Newstylingpic.png
Views:	249
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	105254  
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
In itself the wrapping is not really a problem. A float right can help you there. I see more potential issues with the lists. The image you attached is doable, but I do not know how the rest would be.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
townsend
Enthusiast
townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sigil
In order to wrap text around pictures, I think you need to get into the HTML.

Attached is a good example of an EPUB book where this is done extensively. You can look at the code there.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Three Men in a Boat.epub (1.36 MB, 184 views)
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you obsess on achieving an exact facsimile of the source, portable between different readers, you'll go mad. If you'll settle for the spirit of the layout, it's quite possible. See attachment.

I wouldn't even think of "conversion". Get in there and do some coding.
Attached Files
File Type: epub untitled.epub (159.3 KB, 160 views)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #5
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So, holdit, did you manage the job?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert