Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
BillFlorida
BillFlorida began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to convert e-books from a Calibre to a Kindle downloaded onto a Mac

Greetings!

I have a problem.

I downloaded a free Kindle reader onto my Mac, and I can't seem to figure out how to get Calibre to send my e-books (which I've downloaded onto Calibre) to Kindle for reading.

All the instructions point to how to send an e-book to an externally connected Kindle reader.

But as I've stated, my Kindle is right on my Mac.

I've tried dragging the e-books from Calibre into the Kindle home window, after I open Kindle -- and this doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you greatly!
BillFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Use save to disk to save the book some placeon your computer (outside of calibre). Then use whatever process the Kindle software uses for importing books into it. Also, be sure you're saving the book on the MOBI format.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
BillFlorida

Thanks for the answer! I greatly appreciate it, but I'm not sure what you mean.

My PDF file books were originally downloaded to a place outside of Calibre, and I can read these books on a PDF reader that I have on my computer. But I wanted to use the features of Kindle.

So I downloaded Calibre to convert these PDF files to Kindle.

Up until now the only way I've downloaded books to the Kindle on my Mac is to purchase books directly from Amazon.

So what I'm asking is how to tranfer the converted files from Calibre (I used the convert files button on Calibre to convert the files to a format for Kindle) onto my Kindle on my Mac.

Thanks again! Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
BillFlorida

I finally figured out what you meant.

I used the "Save to disc" option from the menu bar on my computer -- and saved this file to the My Kindle Contents folder (which Kindle formed when I downloaded a free Kindle onto my Mac) and found success in this way.

I found however, that I also needed to drag the items out of the folder that was saved (into the My Kindle Contents folder) and then close and reopen Kindle.

But success was achieved. I'm now reading these e-books on my Kindle!

Thanks again for your help!