Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
elricks
Long in the tooth junior
elricks began at the beginning.

Device: none
books not showing in ibooks on ipad

Good morning - I am using the latest ipad and itunes software, and am running calibre 1.14

Some time ago I successfully set up a number of books (PDF and EPUB) in ibooks on my ipad using Calibre.

After I installed 1.14 I added more EPUB books to my Calibre library, and attempted to transfer these to ibooks on my ipad. I can see these books in itunes on my PC, but they do not transfer to my ipad after a sync. The original books are still OK on my ipad/ibooks.

I have identified one difference between the 2 groups.

1. Old books are saved in C:\Documents and Settings\shirley elrick\Application Data\calibre\iTunes storage

2. New books are saved in C:\Documents and Settings\shirley\Application Data\calibre\iTunes storage

I have a lot of other items on my ipad, and I do not want to change setting on it. Is there a way for me to change the default directory for itunes storage within calibre. I am willing to reinstall calibre if I need to, but I do not recall being asked for a default direct whilst installing/upgrading to 1.13 and 1.14.

Note there was a considerable time lag between upgrades prior to 1.13. I went from 0.9.17 to 1.13

Thanks for taking the time to read this !!!

SHIRLEY
elricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The difference is because Apple changed the way iTunes handles iBooks, and this broke the Calibre integration. There are a number of threads discussing this issue.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
elricks
Long in the tooth junior
elricks began at the beginning.

Device: none
mmmm - I guess I am not surprised. I looked for other threads, but I am obviously not using the correct search terms.

Not to worry - I have given up and purchased Marvin. Took me a few goes, but I have it up and running.

Thanks for replying

SHIRLEY
elricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
As itimpi said, there are several threads, but here's the definitive thread about the recent changes in iTunes with recommendations for alternative solutions. Switching to Marvin is the best alternative, in my opinion.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
default directory, ipad