Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-02-2024, 12:26 AM   #1
pinky62
Zealot
pinky62 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white
Angry Calibre reinstalling after everytime I close App!

Hi I recentlyupdated calibre to version 7.4 and ever since having an issue every time I shut down calibre and restart it goes back to installation as if setting up and the tool bar and prefrences are reset to original setting? why?
pinky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
One possibility is the Configuration folder is blocked / missing / being damaged (Sync? )
Calibre expects all its pieces (including user settings) to be on a local disc.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 03:40 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds like a shortcut issue to me, i.e. the desktop/taskbar/start menu/whatever shortcut you are using is referencing the installer rather than the installed program.

Right click it and select Properties (at the bottom), it should look something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-02 192959.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	206159

Do you use a 3rd party launcher?

Try launching calibre directly by double clicking calibre.exe in the install location, i.e.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-02 193721.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	206160

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-02-2024 at 04:02 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote