Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-30-2024, 10:03 PM   #1
TaviCalderon
TaviCalderon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
rules to filter or transform tags rule is not working

Not sure what i'm doing wrong and no amount of googling is helping me find anyone else who has had this issue.

i'm in Preferences --> Adding Books --> Adding Actions --> Control how tags are processed: --> Rules to filter tags read from metadata

i click add rule, and i put in Remove the tag, if it contains: FanFiction

i expect this means that every time i download a new work from ao3, it won't say "FanFiction" in the laundry list of tags. i am incorrect.

i have tried Remove if contains and is one of and matches pattern. none of these options seem to work. every single time i download a new work, the very first tag is FanFiction.

i feel like there's a lot of cool things i could do here in customizing tags and not having to edit metadata by hand every time i add new works if i could figure this thing out, but i am genuinely stuck here lol...i'm unclear if i'm doing something wrong, misunderstanding the purpose of this tag mapper, or if i've found some kind of bug.

TaviCalderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 10:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
those rules apply to added books, not downloaded metadata, for downloaded metadata, you need Preferences->Metadata download->Create rules
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 07:33 PM   #3
TaviCalderon
TaviCalderon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
thank you! good to know i was in the wrong section. i've unfortunately tried to make the same rule in the metadata download section instead of adding books, and it's still not working.

Preferences --> Metadata download --> Create rules to transform tags/authors/publishers --> tags --> add rule --> Remove the tag if it contains: FanFiction

and sadly, when trying to download something new from ao3, it is still tagging everything with FanFiction. i've also tried matches pattern and if it is one of as well, just in case "contains" is not the right thing to select here. no luck.

i also tried another tag, just to see if it was something particular about some plugin like fanficfare or something interfering with the rule system. I tried all the same stuff above, but with the word Angst instead. picked a random fic from my ao3 bookmarks that contains Angst in the tags that i dont already have downloaded, downloaded it, and both FanFiction and Angst are still listed in the tags. not sure what i'm still doing wrong.
TaviCalderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are downloading via the fanfiction plugin you need to use those plugins settings. The rules definitely work when downloading via an ordinary metadata source plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote