Notices

Old 01-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
HFM
HFM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd gen)
Can't convert certain books to MOBI

Hi,

First post here, please be gentle.

I've been using calibre for years without issue, until today. I have a handful of Kindle books that I just can't seem to get the DRM off (around 11 books). I'm trying to reorganise my library. I'd got lazy in the last few years and had some books DRM-free and a few I had sent straight from Amazon. But now I want to organise things and have all my books DRM-free. I selected all my books on the device and moved them into the library (which I'd emptied before this) and then highlighted them all (around 170 books) and converted as bulk.

The 11 books that won't convert had error messages pop up to tell me so. At first, I thought maybe converting in bulk was the issue. So after the rest had finished, I selected each book on its own and tried to convert, but still the same error message about DRM.

I am using the latest version of plug-in tools from ApprenticeAlf's website, and successfully converted a book I bought from amazon just two days ago.

Can anyone please help me? The format for the books that won't convert are in AZW format and AZW3.

Thanks.
HFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Check to see if you can read the books in Calibre's viewer. If not, they still have DRM, and you're at a dead-end with your question here. We can't discuss DRM removal in this forum.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
If the books really do have DRM still on them, and were readable on your eInk Paperwhite, then something is amiss. What you need to do _first_ is go have a talk with your friend Alf. The folks monitoring there can usually help. There can be lots of reasons for issues, but, as fidvo points out, we can't discuss DRM removal in this forum at all.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw, azw3, calibre, conversion, drm