Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 07:40 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Yikes, didn't consider that on Calibre. Hopefully they are able to release an update soon, it's good the developer is so on top of things.
As @NiLuJe pointed out, fix is already of github. It's just a matter of waiting for official release (probably this Friday).

Alternately, one could a.) download the latest master and run from source or b.) use connect to folder.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:56 PM   #17
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maydocsach View Post
G000PP - Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFI (Japan) - PW4.8gb

I have a 32GB one also, will check and let you know tomorrow
My 32GB from US store with Special is
G000 - T6
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 08:26 PM   #18
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
I transfered a couple if books via save to disc in Calibre. Covers don't show even though they have shown on my Voyage and Fires , but that was through regular Calibre transfer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:11 PM   #19
shawthorne
shawthorne began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite4 (new in 2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Kovid took care of it a few hours ago, it'll make the next release.
Very impressive! I just got it today
shawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #20
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I picked mine up after work. I am also floored on how thin the box is. It is insane!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 11:30 PM   #21
maydocsach
maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Can you fill in the lbanks in this text for yours, so we can start workign on the wiki, or feel free to edit it yourself?
G000?? - Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFI (??<country store you bought from>) - PW4.8gb

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
this is 32GB one:

G000T6 - Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFI (Japan) - PW4 - 32gb
maydocsach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #22
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
My text says should be by 8 pm tonight, haven't received any further updates yet. Can't wait.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #23
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know I have an epic book bath planned this week
Old 11-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #24
DeepVoid
DeepVoid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Just installed the new Calibre update, now works like a breeze with the new Paperwhite! :-)
DeepVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #25
Paperbackstash
Wizard

YES!! Just in time
Old 11-08-2018, 02:09 PM   #26
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I picked mine up after work. I am also floored on how thin the box is. It is insane!
I truly hope you find some satisfaction with battery life on your new PW4. Have seen your posts with the troubles you have had with your KO2.

Keep us posted!
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #27
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepVoid View Post
Just installed the new Calibre update, now works like a breeze with the new Paperwhite! :-)
Same here. Works like a charm so far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:48 PM   #28
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
I truly hope you find some satisfaction with battery life on your new PW4. Have seen your posts with the troubles you have had with your KO2.

Keep us posted!
The battery on the PW4 is actually bigger than the battery on the PW3. It is 1500mah instead of 1420mah.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:32 PM   #29
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
I got two - by mistake. I updated my order to include a cover not realising I was ordering a second kindle. The new kindles are lovely but I don't need both. Duh. I am getting dozy in my old age. Oh well, at least I can return it for a refund.

Meanwhile, new kindle #1 is busy charging its battery.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:02 PM   #30
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Yep, mine came in tonight. About to charge it and start loading up the books. It fits the older cases but a bit loose for the snap cases. Will hold till I get another one.

I like the glass type screen, it's a different feel - but I can tell fingerprint smudges are going to be a small issue I'm not used to compared to the PW3, have to get used to the difference. Just loading it up now and doing the initial setup.

Last edited by Paperbackstash; 11-08-2018 at 07:07 PM.