Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #16
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Never mind, I found it repacked under a different name.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:23 PM   #17
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereader25 View Post
Hello, this is very cool thank you for putting it together!

I am trying to use this tool to make backup of my afterglow 2 (onyx boox c67ml). The problem I am having is that the AndroidTool v2.1 simply says "No Found any Devices", even though my tablet is connected and in downloader mode.

I have tried to install the drivers packaged here, but it returns "Windows could not find driver software for your device." when I point it to the specified folder.

I have successfully added the registry key that should make this work with Windows 8.1. I am using rkdumper to try to create a backup, and it outputs:

Found: LOADER device (RK3026/RK3028 2207:292c) #2

Found LOADER Rockchip device
Can't open device ""
Critical error

I look in the driver folder from the download here, > Drivers > x64 > Win 8 and in the setup information file I see many entries like this:

"%Rockusb_DeviceDesc%=Rockusb_DDI, USB\VID_2207&PID_292A"

However, my device has PID of 292C not 292A. So, I add a line like this:

"%Rockusb_DeviceDesc%=Rockusb_DDI, USB\VID_2207&PID_292C"

This time, when I run windows driver update and point to the folder with these drivers it says:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it."
"Rockusb Device"
"The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

Windows caught me! I tampered with it, and it won't let me install. Can you please update this official file on this thread to include 292C so that I can properly install drivers for my Afterglow 2, so that I can make a good backup?

Thank you! xD
Try the driver which I posted in my other topic. (official 6-2014)

Last edited by nightboy; 01-22-2015 at 03:11 PM.
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #18
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I've taken the ROM dumper tool for a little test drive. I was able to backup my system and data partitions, so everything is working on that end. I'm interested in trying the Onyx Boox C67 ROM. The one hesitation I have is that nightboy said that the ADB shell wasn't working when he installed that ROM. Does that mean that I wouldn't be able to do the reboot-bootloader command in ADB if I wanted to restore my current setup?

I see that FOV has uploaded another C67 option for the T62, but I'd have to figure out how to reassemble those ten parts into one system.img to make that work - or so it seems?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:32 AM   #19
ereader25
Enthusiast
ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.ereader25 knows what's going on.

Device: looking
Hi, I was able to get the drivers working smoothly using the Rockusb 3.7 drivers (attached).

However, using the RK tool I notice that it looks different between mine and what you show in "Step B How to install IMG files OR (Restore your device's data)" (picture below).

Since I do not have all the options of system image, etc, how would I go about restoring my factory partitions should something go awry?

Thanks!

[Image violates posting guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rockusb Driver 3.7.zip (219.7 KB, 1047 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-05-2015 at 05:24 PM.
ereader25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #20
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereader25 View Post
Hi, I was able to get the drivers working smoothly using the Rockusb 3.7 drivers (attached).

However, using the RK tool I notice that it looks different between mine and what you show in "Step B How to install IMG files OR (Restore your device's data)" (picture below).

Since I do not have all the options of system image, etc, how would I go about restoring my factory partitions should something go awry?

Thanks!
Right click on the table and select "Add Item". Enter the address and the name of the partition (or any name you like) and select the img file.
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #21
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I see that FOV has uploaded another C67 option for the T62, but I'd have to figure out how to reassemble those ten parts into one system.img to make that work - or so it seems?

It is possible to collect img file for flashing utility RKBatchTool. But I have to know what kind of model of the device you have, having the native firmware for your device.

In the original firmware С67ML ADB is disabled, in order to enable it, you need to file "build.prop" to add the line:

Code:
persist.service.adb.enable=1
persist.adb.notify=0

Last edited by FOV; 01-26-2015 at 09:05 AM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #22
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
It is possible to collect img file for flashing utility RKBatchTool. But I have to know what kind of model of the device you have, having the native firmware for your device.

In the original firmware С67ML ADB is disabled, in order to enable it, you need to file "build.prop" to add the line:

Code:
persist.adb.notify=0
I have the Boyue T62B, currently running Boyue firmware of 27 November, 2014. I am interested in trying the C67ML firmware, just out of curiosity. The Boyue firmware is working very well for me, so I'll want to be able to go back to it once I've satisfied my curiosity. Thanks for responding.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #23
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I have the Boyue T62B, currently running Boyue firmware of 27 November, 2014.
This firmware version is obtained via WiFi, if you put it, I can Repack the Boot.img for "Port firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62B"
Old 01-26-2015, 10:51 PM   #24
FOV
Connoisseur

In order to prepare the Boot.img for Port firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62(MOD) for your device, you should:
1. Download RKwinTools and unpack
2. In the folder "_In" to put the native firmware img file to your device
3. The program RKwinTools select "30-Init Tools"
4. To disassemble the native firmware on the components of the file by selecting "1-Unpack ROM" or in the folder "Unpack\Firmware\Image\" put Boot.img from your device
5. The program RKwinTools to choose "2-Unpack Boot"
6. In the folder "Unpack\Boot\ramdisk\" to find the file "init.rc"
7. In the file to find the line:
Code:
    chown root radio /proc/cmdline

# Define TCP buffer sizes for various networks
#   ReadMin, ReadInitial, ReadMax, WriteMin, WriteInitial, WriteMax,
8. Changed so that it became like this:
Code:

chmod 0777 /sys/class/backlight/rk28_bl/brightness

9. To ensure that there were no white screens lock need to make changes in "init.rc", find and delete the following code:

Code:

service fsd /system/bin/bootanimation -shutdown -fshutdown
    class main
    user graphics
    group graphics
    disabled
    oneshot

service shutdownanim2 /system/bin/bootanimation -shutdown2
    class main
    user graphics
    group graphics
    disabled
    oneshot
10. The removal of GSM services that are not typical of the book in the init.rc:
Code:

service ril-daemon /system/bin/rild
    class main
    socket rild stream 660 root radio
    socket rild-debug stream 660 radio system
    user root
    group radio cache inet misc audio log

service ril-daemon3 /system/bin/rild3
    class main
    socket rild3 stream 660 root radio
    socket rild-debug stream 660 radio system
    user root
    group radio cache inet misc audio log
11. In order to enable ADB mode when the device boots, you need to make sure that in the file "default.prop" are present lines:
Code:
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
persist.sys.usb.config=adb
12. The program RKwinTools select "12-Pack Boot", "2. ANDROID type", "1. Unpack dir".
13. In the folder "Pack\Firmware\Image\" will find a modified Boot.img

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modified files.zip (125.0 KB, 929 views)
File Type: zip RKwinTools_v135.zip (8.52 MB, 1747 views)

Last edited by FOV; 07-14-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:52 AM   #25
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
In order to prepare the Boot.img for Port firmware with Onyx C67ML for Boyue T62(MOD) for your device, you should:
1. Download RKwinTools and unpack
2. In the folder "_In" to put the native firmware img file to your device
3. The program RKwinTools select "30-Init Tools"
4. To disassemble the native firmware on the components of the file by selecting "1-Unpack ROM" or in the folder "Unpack\Firmware\Image\" put Boot.img from your device
5. The program RKwinTools to choose "2-Unpack Boot"
6. In the folder "Unpack\Boot\ramdisk\" to find the file "init.rc"
7. In the file to find the line:
Code:

8. Changed so that it became like this:
Code:

chmod 0777 /sys/class/backlight/rk28_bl/brightness

9. The program RKwinTools select "12-Pack Boot", "2. ANDROID type", "1. Unpack dir".
10. In the folder "Pack\Firmware\Image\" will find a modified Boot.img

Good luck
Thanks for this. I'll give this a try when I can.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:24 AM   #26
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Hi everyone, I am a new (future actually, in about 24h) owner of a Wayteq xBook-60fl and I have a question: is there any kind of recovery flash script in the ROM's of these devices I should be aware of and can it be safely deleted and if yes what is the location of this script, I am asking because I am planning to try to build a custom recovery after I get the device?

Also can someone tell me what are the button combinations to boot into recovery and bootloader mode?
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #27
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
Hi everyone, I am a new (future actually, in about 24h) owner of a Wayteq xBook-60fl and I have a question: is there any kind of recovery flash script in the ROM's of these devices I should be aware of and can it be safely deleted and if yes what is the location of this script, I am asking because I am planning to try to build a custom recovery after I get the device?

Also can someone tell me what are the button combinations to boot into recovery and bootloader mode?
check out this post and my first post in the thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=207
Old 01-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #28
FOV
Connoisseur

Energy eReader Pro is Boyue T62C, checked on my device. Correct post about it.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:58 PM   #29
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Energy eReader Pro is Boyue T62C, checked on my device. Correct post about it.
I looked at its build.prop

ro.boeye.order=Spain-Energysistem-T62B

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=JDQ39
ro.build.display.id=Energy_eReader_Pro_ENERGY_SISTEM__2014120514
ro.build.version.incremental=20141205.142946
ro.build.version.sdk=17
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.2.2
ro.build.date=Fri Dec  5 14:32:32 CST 2014
ro.build.date.utc=1417761152
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=EnergySistem
ro.build.host=EnergySistem
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Energy_eReader_Pro
ro.product.brand=Energy_eReader_Pro
ro.product.name=Energy_eReader_Pro
ro.product.device=Energy_eReader_Pro
ro.product.manufacturer=Energy_Sistem
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=US
ro.product.board=Energy_eReader_Pro
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=rk3026
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=Energy_eReader_Pro
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=rk30sdk-user 4.2.2 JDQ39 20141205.142946 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.2.2/JDQ39/20141205.142946:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet
ro.boeye.provider=rk
ro.boeye.product=Energy_eReader_Pro
ro.boeye.machine=Energy_eReader_Pro
ro.boeye.order=Spain-Energysistem-T62B
ro.boeye.version=Energysistem-Ereader_V1.0.0-2014120514
ro.boeye.customer=Energysistem
net.hostname=Energy_eReader_Pro
persist.sys.localevar=
persist.sys.timezone=Europe/Brussels
persist.boeye.homepage=http://www.google.com
persist.boeye.shutdowntime=-1
persist.boeye.shortstandby=600000
persist.boeye.def_time_12_24=24
persist.boeye.preinstall=0
persist.boeye.updatemodel=Energysistem-T62CEB
persist.boeye.statusbar=0
persist.boeye.notification=true
persist.boeye.inputMethod=com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME
UserVolumeLabel=Energysistem
ro.boeye.shortstandby=1
ro.boeye.desktop=com.boyue.boyuelauncher
persist.adb.notify=0
energy.otahwversion=A
energy.otafwversion=3.0.0
energy.otaserverinfo=updates.energysistem.com/ota
energy.sdcardpath.recovery=/mnt/sdcard
persist.sys.isDemoMode=0
# end build properties
#
# system.prop
#

#rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so
#rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyUSB2
# Default ecclist
ro.ril.ecclist=112,911

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.config.ringtone=Ring_Synth_04.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=pixiedust.ogg
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
dalvik.vm.heaptargetutilization=0.75
dalvik.vm.heapminfree=512k
dalvik.vm.heapmaxfree=2m
ro.sf.lcdc_composer=0
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.com.android.dataroaming=true
ril.function.dataonly=0
persist.sys.strictmode.visual=false
dalvik.vm.jniopts=warnonly
ro.rksdk.version=RK30_ANDROID4.2.2-SDK-v1.00.00
sys.hwc.compose_policy=6
sys.wallpaper.rgb565=0
sf.power.control=2073600
sys.rkadb.root=0
ro.sf.fakerotation=false
ro.rk.MassStorage=false
ro.rk.systembar.voiceicon=false
ro.rk.systembar.tabletUI=true
wifi.interface=wlan0
ro.tether.denied=false
ro.sf.lcd_density=212
sys.resolution.changed=false
ro.rk.screenoff_time=60000
ro.rk.def_brightness=200
ro.rk.homepage_base=http://www.google.com/webhp?client={CID}&source=android-home
ro.rk.install_non_market_apps=false
ro.default.size=100
ro.product.usbfactory=rockchip_usb
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
ro.opengles.version=131072
ro.factory.tool=0
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
ro.need.white.with.standby=n
ro.rk.bt_enable=true
ro.factory.storage_policy=0
persist.sys.usb.config=mtp
testing.mediascanner.skiplist=/mnt/sdcard/Android/
ro.product.version=1.0.0
ro.product.ota.host=www.rockchip.com:2300
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
have you installed its kernel to a C & B device ?
Old 01-27-2015, 06:08 PM   #30
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Do these devices have kernel in kernel partition and ramdisk only boot.img or is the kernel integrated in the boot.img?
Also are image files extracted as described in the first post normal image files as those backed up by a recovery for example (what I really want to know is if I dump the recovery partition will I be able to put the image file in a flashable zip and flash it normally from a custom recovery or flash the recovery from terminal or from an app like Flashify or Rashr, not sure if those apps work on these types of devices)?
Also as I mentioned flashing the recovery from terminal do you happen to know if this device has support for that or if not do you know the location to use with the "dd" command to install recovery?
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote