Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #31
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
Did you receive a tracking number or anything? It seems shipped but nothing more than that.

There was a delay by almost a day between when I noticed the item was shipped and when I received the email with the tracking information. Just keep checking your email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #32
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Got it

I had a message this morning that my Elipsa was available, and went to fetch it an hour ago. I started setting it up a half hour ago, and whatever the cover's defects may be, it is very convenient as a dock for that. The screen is beautiful.
I'll try to inform you about first impressions before going out tonight.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #33
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
There was a delay by almost a day between when I noticed the item was shipped and when I received the email with the tracking information. Just keep checking your email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah got it. Should get it by 29th. I was hoping this week as I am in a 4 days weekend. Oh well
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:50 AM   #34
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Mine now says delivered on the website, but Canada Post says the 29th for delivery.
Started in Mississauga a 6 hour drive west of me yesterday, then went to Montreal, about 90 minutes east of me where it has been sitting since 5 am this morning. Next I am sure it will go to Ottawa about 30 minutes west of me and on its way there it will pass by about 10 minutes north of me, and then another day or two get to me, gotta love how efficient Canada post is

To be fair, Canada Post could still get it to Ottawa today in which case it will likely be delivered to me tomorrow, wishful thinking on my part.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:53 AM   #35
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
Man I wish mine would ship. This is why I don’t like to preorder things, the wait is so stressful. It’s probably too soon to start pestering them…

Last edited by elizilla; 06-24-2021 at 09:23 PM.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #36
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Mine now says delivered on the website, but Canada Post says the 29th for delivery.
Started in Mississauga a 6 hour drive west of me yesterday, then went to Montreal, about 90 minutes east of me where it has been sitting since 5 am this morning. Next I am sure it will go to Ottawa about 30 minutes west of me and on its way there it will pass by about 10 minutes north of me, and then another day or two get to me, gotta love how efficient Canada post is

To be fair, Canada Post could still get it to Ottawa today in which case it will likely be delivered to me tomorrow, wishful thinking on my part.

A poorly designed aspect of Kobo’s status page is that it shows “delivered” when the package has been delivered to the carrier. 🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-25-2021, 06:29 AM   #37
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Mine has shipped. Ordered June 8. Shipped last night June 24. Expected delivery to Michigan Monday June 28 via UPS (signature required).

On Kobo's order status page I see red on the progress bar past "Shipped" but not all the way through "Delivered."
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:56 AM   #38
ral67
Enthusiast
ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
France.
FNAC Spain only has them in stock for 1h collect in a few stores like Barcelona
Maybe I should have ordered from France …..
ral67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:49 AM   #39
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine finally shipped last night and I had a tracking number in my email this morning. Like lkmiller, mine is due in Michigan on the 28th, signature required. Currently it is still in Ontario, so I hope their border crossing goes as planned. I wonder if the signature is required for a customs form?

Seems like Kobo would have a shipping satellite across the border, and put them into the UPS system in Buffalo NY or something. They have got to have thousands of these going to the states and UPS charges through the nose for the brokerage on each package.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #40
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ral67: Ironically, I glanced at it yesterday, and over here, it's available online, but not for in-store collect in the few shops near me ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:28 PM   #41
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
Yeah got it. Should get it by 29th. I was hoping this week as I am in a 4 days weekend. Oh well
Finally got it today. That thing is huge!
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:47 PM   #42
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Got mine a few hours ago. Too busy with work to dig in, but so far there are pluses and minuses. Just glad that it arrived. 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-26-2021, 06:27 AM   #43
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Mine had made it to Ohio last night. Just checked now and it's right here in Michigan. So it should definitely go out for delivery on Monday.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:46 PM   #44
elizilla
Addict

I just got an email from Kobo. It says my Elipsa is out for delivery and will arrive yesterday. That’s a neat trick.

The UPS truck does not have a time machine. They dropped it off about half an hour ago. I am letting it charge a bit before I venture into the stifling hot room my computer is in, to side load my books. So far so good.
Old 06-28-2021, 02:54 PM   #45
ral67
Enthusiast
ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ral67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ral67: Ironically, I glanced at it yesterday, and over here, it's available online, but not for in-store collect in the few shops near me ^^.
I checked and fnac France says they could have one for 1h delivery in Perpignan
I have ordered ordered one for pickup in Spain last week which is still stuck at waiting for supplier with mid July date
Doesn’t make sense since at the same Time they were offering 1h store pickup for Barcelona
Finally a ordered another one for Express delivery from fnac France to Spain which is already shipping
Go figure
ral67 is offline   Reply With Quote