Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
amujee
Connoisseur
amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Voyage (soon, I hope)
Question about images within books

I have an epub copy of Game of Thrones. There are some maps in the beginning of the book and the bottom of these maps are cutoff on my PRS-350. I've also noticed this with images from other books. Would these images be displayed correctly on the PRS-950 because of the extra vertical screen real estate?
amujee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I haven't noticed any problem displayng images in books on my 350. It may well be that the publisher formatted them incorrectly within the books for which you are having problems. Are these DRM protected books? Converted books?

BTW, if it is a formatting error within the ePub(s), the 950 might have issues displaying them too.

Last edited by jswinden; 06-09-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
amujee
Connoisseur
amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.amujee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

The books were DRM-free. BTW, the maps are displayed correctly with the Nook app on my Galaxy Tab and also on the Calibre e-book viewer on my PC, but the maps are also cutoff in the Sony Reader Library program on my PC. Maybe it's a Sony thing?

If possible, can anyone with a PRS-950 PM me to test the book?

Last edited by amujee; 06-09-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
encapuchado
Banned
encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Sony Touch (650)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amujee View Post
Would these images be displayed correctly on the PRS-950 because of the extra vertical screen real estate?
I have made myself a couple of epub books with images. You need to check that the image fits in the screen, which in the case of my 650 it's 600 x 800 pixels.
encapuchado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
amujee
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by encapuchado View Post
I have made myself a couple of epub books with images. You need to check that the image fits in the screen, which in the case of my 650 it's 600 x 800 pixels.
Thanks for the tip. Resolution is the same on the 350.
I resized the image in the epub file and now they fit within the page on the reader.
Advert