Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 04:19 AM   #706
gottogetout
gottogetout began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjanknulst View Post
Can you explain a bit more about the use of koreader? How would it help me to read encrypted Kindle books on my Kobo?
Hi,
I don't think it would give you any benefit for kindle eBooks. It would for PDF files. It allows one to read PDF format files in landscape mode, in a rather comfortable way, using and taking advantage of the whole surface of the screen. Otherwise impossible. It's not the case for magazines, only for conventional format Books, in PDF format.I have personally a lot of PDF downloaded files on my PC, since long, that I only could read on the screen of the PC
gottogetout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #707
smersh
smersh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by smersh View Post
just wondering if anyone has actually tried to log out of K4Mac and signed in with a different account. I have two accounts with books I've purchased and I want to grab the books from that second account

Is there some alternate way for me to get those books from my other account, so I can transfer them to my Paperwhite?
As an update to this, my previous Mac had to be replaced. Got a new one that was on Catalina. Restored from Time Machine backup.

I had to sign back into an account, so I tried my luck and signed into both of my accounts, downloaded a book from each, converted the books into something else in Calibre.

Success.

I can't say for certain that it'll work for anyone wanting to sign out of their account and signing into a new one. But it does work for me.

Super happy that whatever steps we took to get 1.26.1 working in Catalina transferred over in Time Machine. Maybe that points to a better solution in the future?
smersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2020, 11:31 PM   #708
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
As an update to this, my previous Mac had to be replaced. Got a new one that was on Catalina. Restored from Time Machine backup.

I had to sign back into an account, so I tried my luck and signed into both of my accounts, downloaded a book from each, converted the books into something else in Calibre.

Success ...
That's good news!

Was the Time Machine backup from a Mac running Catalina or an earlier macOS?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:37 PM   #709
smersh
smersh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Time Machine was Catalina as well.
smersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:21 PM   #710
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Time Machine was Catalina as well.
That's excellent news. Thanks for reporting back.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2020, 01:07 AM   #711
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Just coming in to say many thanks for this thread - my Kindle for Mac decided to update itself to 1.27.0, and these instructions saved my bacon. I can read Moontangled now!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #712
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkennelly View Post
+neyet,
You need to downgrade to Calibre to 4.5. In 4.6, Calibre changed the name of a library used by the DeDRM tools for KFX.
Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved yet?

I upgraded to Calibre 4.5, but the latest version is 4.10.1.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #713
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved yet?

I upgraded to Calibre 4.5, but the latest version is 4.10.1.
Looking at github, a fix has been done, but not incorporated into a release.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:01 PM   #714
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Looking at github, a fix has been done, but not incorporated into a release.
Apprentice Harper wrote that a release is planned for sometime this month.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #715
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye out for the release.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #716
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye out for the release.
An updated DeDRM plugin has been released by Apprentice Harper.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #717
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
An updated DeDRM plugin has been released by Apprentice Harper.
Just a quick note. This new release is not Python3 compatible. It is version 6.7.0.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #718
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just a quick note. This new release is not Python3 compatible. It is version 6.7.0.
It appears to have some work done toward Python 3 compatibility, but only a very small part of what is needed to accomplish that.

It does fix the incompatibility with recent calibre versions and KFX DRM removal.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:04 PM   #719
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It does fix the incompatibility with recent calibre versions and KFX DRM removal.
Good to hear. I've been holding off updating to the latest release version of calibre even though I don't download KFX. Time to update.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:10 AM   #720
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Does that mean it doesn't work with calibre ver 4?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc