Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #16
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I didn't know the PW4 had weaker contrast than the PW3. Is it because of the flush screen? That's strange as the Voyage has excellent contrast and a flush screen.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:26 PM   #17
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I didn't know the PW4 had weaker contrast than the PW3. Is it because of the flush screen? That's strange as the Voyage has excellent contrast and a flush screen.
I found exactly the same contrast as the PW3. Both are weaker than the Voyage.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #18
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have 2 Paperwhite 3's, a Voyage and a Paperwhite 4. When I put them side by side they're all slightly different but I can't really see any difference in contrast. When I'm reading on them they're all the same. I can't find a reason to prefer the screen on any of them.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
A slight glare has the effect of reducing contrast, so the PW4 may be slightly more subject to glare than the PW3 or Voyage.

Cameras can be even more sensitive to glare than people. when it was fairly new, I took a picture of my K2 in what I thought was nice diffuse light (at the top of a stairwell illuminated by a large skylight). The picture came out far far worse than the good (for the time) contrast I saw by eye. The Kindle was on the floor against a wall. I turned 90 degrees and placed it against a shut door along the adjacent wall and the picture came out great. There was no apparent glare in either position, but the camera sure saw the difference.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote