Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2022, 03:14 AM   #1
linkax
linkax began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
Talking Can I compile drivers for pw2 to support external storage devices?

I've searched for solutions and I found it:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...stcount=15.But it's for k5.
linkax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 06:00 AM   #2
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkax View Post
I've searched for solutions and I found it:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...stcount=15.But it's for k5.
Probably possible but I wouldn't read much into that post as it's not accurate - GM skipped a section of the manual and got mounting an external drive in host mode and exporting a node via gadget mode mixed up.

You might be able to bring up the USB port in host mode using this kernel module. If that works and you're able to enumerate USB devices, you can then proceed with compiling the rest of the USB storage related kernel modules (can't remember which ones off the top of my head, it's been a while).

Note that the ability to use the port is not particularly useful - there's no hotplug support meaning that it will behave weirdly in general but especially when sleeping/waking up the device.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
driver, kernel, otg, pw2