Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 02:26 AM   #1
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Smile Calibre 4.2

Thank you very much Kovid.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2019, 05:19 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
Thank you very much Kovid.
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔ ++

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:19 AM   #4
ohIdon'tknow
ohIdon'tknow began at the beginning.

Location: The People's Republic of... to be honest, now that you ask, it seems to have entirely slipped my mind... oh well!
Device: kobo Aura One, Samsung tablet, Necronomicon - extra evil version
QApplication: invalid style

I've just updated to Calibre 4.2 and am unable to successfully open the application. The GUI will not load properly. All I can see are the right-click menus.

When attempting to launch via the terminal I have the report:

QApplication: invalid style override passed, ignoring it.
Available styles: Windows, Fusion
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

I am using Calibre 4.2 with Elementary OS Juno.
ohIdon'tknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:04 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's probably because elementary OS tries to override the styles in Qt applications with their own and it is breaking with the version of Qt shipped with calibre. They likely do it via some environment variable or the other. Unset itand you will be fine.
Advert
Old 10-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Dear Kovid, footnotes are not popping up at all.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

They pop up fine for me.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #8
ohIdon'tknow
ohIdon'tknow began at the beginning.

Location: The People's Republic of... to be honest, now that you ask, it seems to have entirely slipped my mind... oh well!
Device: kobo Aura One, Samsung tablet, Necronomicon - extra evil version
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's probably because elementary OS tries to override the styles in Qt applications with their own and it is breaking with the version of Qt shipped with calibre. They likely do it via some environment variable or the other. Unset itand you will be fine.
I tried resetting the environment but there's no difference. However, I think the problem might be not be with Elementary's environment but instead with Elementary Tweaks - a 3rd party addition to the settings. Tweaks may very well have bunged up the works. Which is perhaps why Calibre re-emerged when I used Tweaks to change the GTK Theme from Elementary to Pop Dark.

I would disable Tweaks but Elementary OS without Tweaks is nearly unusable. I'll just have to get used to the Pop Dark theme. Probably better for my eyes anyway.

Thanks for the help. And thanks for Calibre.
ohIdon'tknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #9
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
The file viewer in the editor in 4.2 is now working like it used to. It's much faster now. Thanks for fixing this, even though you might not have realized you fixed it.

(Disregard the above. It has not been fixed, as I've stated in a follow-up post in this thread.)

Last edited by deback; 10-20-2019 at 11:53 AM.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:49 AM   #10
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I have noticed a new bug in the "review downloaded metadata" window. To replicate:

1. Highlight a few books in calibre's library. (I used five; fewer may work, but it must be more than one to trigger the bug.)
2. Right-click, select Edit metadata > Download metadata and covers.
3. Click Download only metadata, then click Review downloaded metadata when the job completes.
4. Once the first book comes up, go to Tags in the left-hand column (the downloaded data) and type the first couple of letters of a tag.
5. When the autocomplete list pops up, use the down-arrow key to move the highlight bar down to the last item displayed.
6. Tap the down-arrow key one more time.

Instead of scrolling to show the next tag in the list, calibre completely closes.

(Using 4.2 on Win32, with a development environment. The one different source file in my devenv is completely unrelated to this function.)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@Rev. Bob. doesn't crash on my windows machine. Note that you can test that dialog more easily with

calibre-debug src/calibre/gui2/metadata/diff.py
Old 10-20-2019, 07:39 AM   #12
Buckskin
Buckskin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
In Win 10 64 Bit drop down boxes in Edit Metadata do not allow data entry without mouse clicking after every character
Buckskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
In Win 10 64 Bit drop down boxes in Edit Metadata do not allow data entry without mouse clicking after every character
I can make entries without using the mouse (w10x64).
Type a few letters, use down arrow to pick, enter to accept pick

EDIT
Was this a pure (predefined drop down, or one like Tags

Last edited by theducks; 10-20-2019 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Brain storm
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #14
Buckskin
Buckskin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Tags and Series. Authors seems to be OK
Buckskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
Tags and Series. Authors seems to be OK
Both those work also. Type sc and the list reduces down to those that start with Sc
FWIW I use this feature a lot
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote