Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2024, 04:47 PM   #1
IV4ES
IV4ES began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ebook Hardware Documentation (Pocketbook Touch Lux 3)

Hi all,
I was wondering if there are any archives with the technical information regarding the PCB of the popular e-reader models.
I know for sure that there are always at least a few technical forums for almost any topic (like smartphones) for repair purposes.
I'm just having trouble finding them.
If anyone can point me to one of these or share the exact schematic I need, I would be grateful.

Background (if anyone is interested):
My Pocketbook Touch Lux 3 e-reader recently broke down due to water getting inside.
I have found that the circuit board is quite complicated and without a schematic it will be very difficult to troubleshoot the exact faulty part.
I can't deny that I will say goodbye to my e-reader and buy another one. But since it doesn't work anyway, I'd rather try to fix it before throwing it in the trash.
IV4ES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:57 AM   #2
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

Device: PocketBook Era
Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but this documentation seems to have some of the pin outs

https://linux-sunxi.org/PocketBook_Touch_Lux_3
jrw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2024, 09:16 AM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Depending on the postage fee I could send you a functioning mainboard.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 02:39 AM   #4
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw174 View Post
Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but this documentation seems to have some of the pin outs

https://linux-sunxi.org/PocketBook_Touch_Lux_3
Interesting page.

So there's a lot more to updating the display than just pushing bytes to some buffer (re the Inkpad4/5 discussion):

Quote:
Instead of pushing all the complexity of parsing waveform data and figuring out what to do to move the ink from a current position to a new one to kernel space, the driver provides the base interface for writing a precisely timed frame to the display. Waveform parsing, temperature adjustment of timings, and choosing an algorithm to update different regions of the display is left to the userspace, where it can be much more easily experimented with and used to provide the best experience based on what content is displayed in what regions of the screen.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#pocketbook, #repair, #schematic