Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2023, 09:27 PM   #1
adva
adva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of light

Device: PB632
Is it possible to install on pb632 nodejs?

Hi, all!
I'm not English native, excuse me, but I'm not using google-translate. I also beginner (newcomer?) in Linux.

I want to install on Touch HD3 Joplin https://joplinapp.org/terminal/
It's requirement: nodejs https://nodejs.org/en

I install on Touch HD3 (632) pbterm.

I try to run command:
Code:
sudo apt install nodejs
but error
Code:
sudo: apt: command not found
It's possible or I waste my time?
adva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 01:37 AM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
There is no package system on the PocketBook devices (no apt/dpkg, rpm,...). And sudo won't work either. That said, you can install software into the internal drive and run it, but you will have to do it by hand. I have installed some libraries and executables from debian armel distributions by copying the files by hand to /mnt/ext1/system/bin and /mnt/ext1/system/lib. If there are library dependencies, you will have to install those by hand, as well. You can add shell scripts to run the programs to the /mnt/ext1/applications/ directory and they will show up in your Applications tab if you use the ".app" suffix for the files.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2023, 02:47 AM   #3
adva
adva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of lightadva is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
There is no package system on the PocketBook devices (no apt/dpkg, rpm,...). And sudo won't work either. That said, you can install software into the internal drive and run it, but you will have to do it by hand. I have installed some libraries and executables from debian armel distributions by copying the files by hand to /mnt/ext1/system/bin and /mnt/ext1/system/lib. If there are library dependencies, you will have to install those by hand, as well. You can add shell scripts to run the programs to the /mnt/ext1/applications/ directory and they will show up in your Applications tab if you use the ".app" suffix for the files.
Thank you! Can I install package manager from debian armel by hand?
Old 10-22-2023, 09:32 AM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Probably not, unless you can make it work entirely within the /mnt/ext1/system directory. The main system files are in a read-only partition of limited size. You would need to jail-break the device to get permissions to write to that partition, and even then, you couldn't write very much and that would get wiped out the next time the firmware is updated.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 02:24 AM   #5
adva

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Probably not, unless you can make it work entirely within the /mnt/ext1/system directory.
Thanks. Then I'll search another way to my goal, i.e.
https://github.com/joplin-vieweb/joplin-vieweb
Advert