Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
vjjustin
Enthusiast
vjjustin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Ebook-viewer issue

While viewing ebooks with TOC enabled and with two page layout, the left most area just before the first page has letters and parts of words creeping in from the pages before.

This gets worse as we progress in a chapter. But gets corrected again at the beginning of a new chapter. Also this is not seen if I remove the sidebar/TOC.

See the image attached.

Any idea why and any solutions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BAXkf7S.png
Views:	206
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	164619  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-22-2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Moved oversized image from inline to an attachment
vjjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What OS? calibre version? Does it happen with all books or a specific book?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
vjjustin
Enthusiast

Windows 7, calibre 3.23 (this was happening with last few versions).
Same with multiple books (but not all).

Last edited by vjjustin; 06-23-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then open a bug report and attach one of these problem books.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
vjjustin
Enthusiast

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1778415
Advert
Old 07-03-2018, 02:54 AM   #6
Ollybeak
Ollybeak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Similar problem

Not quite the same. Most things work fine, but the ebook-viewer shows only a large fuzzy blue question mark.

If I change user, it works okay. But I've no idea why! Can any kind soul help?

Thank you.

iMac with High Sierra.
Ollybeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:57 AM   #7
Ollybeak

Sorry - didn't mention I found an earlier message with a similar problem, but a new version of Calibre seems to have cured it. I think I have the latest available - 3.26.1.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:15 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Likely a permissions problem with some directories in your user account. You can get more information by running the viewer in debug mode as:

calibre-debug -w file.epub

from the terminal. See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...cli-index.html
Old 07-04-2018, 03:02 AM   #9
Ollybeak

Still unable to use the Viewer

Many, many thanks for that. Tried it, but didn't make much progress. Tried repairing permissions.

Then I found that I no longer appeared in the information window of my main disc! Took a while to fix that, disabling SIPS, etc. Now I appear there, but...

Calibre is just the same. I'm not very technololololologically capable, so maybe I'll just live with it for now.

Don't know if that's any help at all to anybody with the same problem, but...

Thank you again. Very much appreciated. Happy days,

Ol.