Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #1
thewalkindude
thewalkindude began at the beginning.

Device: multiple
SD card write protected after exporting data to it

Hello,

I recently exported my calibre data to a mico sd card to transfer to another laptop. The transfer was successful. What was not successful was regaining usefulness of the card. I've tried two different computers to try to reformat it and have been unsuccessful.

Is there some way to get it back to a useful condition, and if so, how?

Thanks,
thewalkindude
thewalkindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:58 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Probably not. sD cards have a limited life as far as write operations are concerned, and going read-only is a typical symptom of a card reaching end-of-life state.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #3
thewalkindude

I had considered that but even though the card is over a year old it has only been used *maybe* 6 or 7 times.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you using an uSD to SD card adapter? The switch on the adapter may have been bumped. Full size cards also have a Protect switch
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #5
thewalkindude

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Are you using an uSD to SD card adapter? The switch on the adapter may have been bumped. Full size cards also have a Protect switch
Yes I am using an adapter. The first thing I checked was the switch and it was in the unlocked position so I tried another adapter thinking the first was defective and the micro SD would still not format.

BTW both adapters worked with a different micro SD.
Advert
Old 06-21-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
thewalkindude

Two more things:
1) The card had previously only been used in Win7 laptops.

2) I can format it in my Samsung tablet but not in Windows.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalkindude View Post
Two more things:
1) The card had previously only been used in Win7 laptops.

2) I can format it in my Samsung tablet but not in Windows.
Have you tried used the SD Card Association formatter instead? See SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC for the downloads for Windows or OSX.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote