Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
MaliaSky
MaliaSky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Computer won't recognize Kobo Touch

Hey so I completely drained my battery... at least I'm pretty sure its completely dead. I have the "Please Charge your eReader" screen. So I plugged it in, but my computer doesn't recognize it. Nothing comes up and the Kobo doesn't say charging. Reseting doesn't seem to work, I try using the power button to turn it off, I even did the simultaneous Home and power button thing which produced a blue light by the power button, but still nothing changed. Help!?! Not sure what to do.

edit: okay so apparently it just needed to be plugged in for a bit before it would work. It appears to be working now. Sorry and thanks anyways!

Last edited by MaliaSky; 11-18-2012 at 08:34 AM.
MaliaSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
To avoid any future problems, it's worth using a wall charger and leaving it plugged in for a good few hours to make sure it's fully charged. Charging via the USB connection on your computer (especially if the battery is completely drained) isn't as good.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I use cell phone charger with correct plug to charge my KT. Cord is long enough to read while charging. All recent chargers I have seen will work plugged into 110V or 220V with adapter to fit outlet. Cost about $14.00. Length of cord is 1.7 meters.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote