Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #16
Pumpernickel
sandwich
Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.Pumpernickel composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuagar View Post
Yep. @Waldy send me a PM with the steps and software for manually installing the last TD80 firmware version. It worked like a charm. It would be rude to post his job without permission. If you like, I can send it to you by PM.
Yes, please, I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much to you and Waldy.
Pumpernickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:51 AM   #17
Tip
Tip began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx maxx
step to unblock the Mars reader

@Waldy

Would it be possible to have the step to unblock the Mars reader?

Thanks !
Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2020, 03:45 AM   #18
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
If your Likebook Mars is bricked up, it is advisable to first connect it to the charger for one to two hours.
If you cannot load into the Recovery Mode, you must force the Likebook Mars to turn off - press and hold the Power Button for about 10 seconds.
Then again try to enter the Recovery Mode.

I would be glad if someone corrects my English.
I tried to write a tutorial with google translator:
https://mega.nz/#!yug3wKSS!WMb2ZAzcj...Tdw8ZU2l4F7hSM
I did that on Windows, used that:
https://mega.nz/#!qmBxnKyC!WM3vT0C9s...urzgzwEaWoGuZ4
Dump files v2.2.0:
https://mega.nz/#!v24TgaTS!wfsf9f0r8...omSX0OA4Mr27Gc

Last edited by Waldy; 01-29-2020 at 04:33 AM. Reason: upd
Waldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #19
Dosei
Dosei began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
@Waldy

I made an account just for this issue. I tried your tutorial and it worked! A faster solution than the official support...
Just wanted to give you a huge thanks for making this and for posting it!
Dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:57 AM   #20
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldy View Post
If your Likebook Mars is bricked up, it is advisable to first connect it to the charger for one to two hours.
If you cannot load into the Recovery Mode, you must force the Likebook Mars to turn off - press and hold the Power Button for about 10 seconds.
Then again try to enter the Recovery Mode.

I would be glad if someone corrects my English.
I tried to write a tutorial with google translator:
https://mega.nz/#!yug3wKSS!WMb2ZAzcj...Tdw8ZU2l4F7hSM
I did that on Windows, used that:
https://mega.nz/#!qmBxnKyC!WM3vT0C9s...urzgzwEaWoGuZ4
Dump files v2.2.0:
https://mega.nz/#!v24TgaTS!wfsf9f0r8...omSX0OA4Mr27Gc
Does the 2.2.0 work for mimas or alita? May i ask how you got the zip file?
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak3800 View Post
Does the 2.2.0 work for mimas or alita? May i ask how you got the zip file?
No, they have other files than Mars.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #22
kaixjer
kaixjer began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura H2Ov1
I had the same issue, but only left the reader off for maybe 2 days. Bought the reader new about 1.5 months ago. I tried Waldy's files and and instructions and they worked like a charm. I wonder if the memory is bad or corrupted, or it could be I kept the reader too close to some magnet like other case's with magnets. If it happens again I'll have a better idea.
kaixjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:25 AM   #23
darr
darr began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook T65, Likebook Mars, Nova Pro
Hi, how long does it take rebooting? Once I select the “Reboot to Bootloader” with the power button, the ereader screen changes “Rebooting to Bootloader” and stayed there for over 10mins and doesn’t seem anything is happening....
darr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #24
darr

Quote:
Originally Posted by darr View Post
Hi, how long does it take rebooting? Once I select the “Reboot to Bootloader” with the power button, the ereader screen changes “Rebooting to Bootloader” and stayed there for over 10mins and doesn’t seem anything is happening....
Just to update - I contacted my local seller, he got the 2.3 rom from Boyue and recovered the ereader.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:23 AM   #25
asuagar
asuagar began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by darr View Post
Just to update - I contacted my local seller, he got the 2.3 rom from Boyue and recovered the ereader.
You have had tons of luck with your seller. Mine gave me bad technical assistance. I requested him a ROM for fixing myself the problem. He only offered me to fix the ebook if I paid the shipping and damaged parts. I could do the job thanks to @Waldy. Thanks again, pal!
asuagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:32 AM   #26
darr

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuagar View Post
You have had tons of luck with your seller. Mine gave me bad technical assistance. I requested him a ROM for fixing myself the problem. He only offered me to fix the ebook if I paid the shipping and damaged parts. I could do the job thanks to @Waldy. Thanks again, pal!
Yep really lucky. He answered my queries very quickly. He said I might be able to recover myself if he pass me the ROM but it's better he take a look first. From what I know he has been a local seller of ereaders for many years on many local ecommerce platforms, has a physical shop and has a certain level of reliability. But with the covid situation he's working from home, fortunately my workplace is pretty near his home.

Last edited by darr; 04-10-2020 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:03 PM   #27
intrstngtimes
intrstngtimes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One, Likebook Mars T80D
I'm resurrecting this thread because I have the same problem but the Android Tools method of fixing it won't work In other words, I downloaded the dump file Waldy linked above, but can't apply it to my Likebook because Android Tools keeps giving a "device not found" message.

I can, however, boot the Likebook Mars into Recovery Mode, so is there a way to copy Waldy's file to a microSD card and then load it from there?
intrstngtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #28
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
Do you have Rock Usb Driver installed?
Waldy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:28 PM   #29
intrstngtimes
intrstngtimes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One, Likebook Mars T80D
Yes, I installed the driver, but because I have zero knowledge when it comes to working with Android devices in Recovery mode, I didn't realize that "apply update from SD card" would only recognize zip files. So I found an update.zip file you posted in a different thread, copied that to my SD card, and it worked! My Likebook is functional again

I'm still not sure why my PC failed to recognize the Likebook. Maybe it was too corrupted. I got strange error messages when connecting it as well, about a "power surge on the usb port." Those went away after I recharged with (of all things) my Samsung rapid phone charger, but the "no device found" message from Android Tools persisted.
intrstngtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:52 AM   #30
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
Early on I bought a longer lead for my Boyue e-reader. I had trouble because my computer would no longer connect to it. When I did manage to get it going the original lead gave the no device found message too. Hard to understand but I've had similar issues with leads for my iPad.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote