Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
highlights (bad) surprise

Hi

I update Koreader using the OTA server. It never failed but sometimes I make a "discovery", good or -rarely- bad.

This one is about highlights. During the last year, I systematically used the fine Evernote plugin to export my highlights to Evernote Web.

The last time I did it, it exported my highlights to a new directory (to mnt/us/koreader/clipboard...) where -at last- I found the clippings txt file.

When I tried to check what happened, I saw that I could not manage to export using my usual option (see green underline on the screenshot -in French-, because a new one -in English- (see red underline already ticked) seems now to be selected by default. I never willingly chose this new option, so I think it probably arrived with the OTA update.

My question is: how to force Koreader to come back to the green option, -permanently if possible? I tried the usual long press to no avail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2017-Feb-14_083553.png
Views:	279
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	154971  

Last edited by roger64; 02-13-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: clippings
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Normally, in such a case you would be able to "long-press" on the option you want and a message box would appear offering to set it as the default. It appears to have not have the code added, to do that, for the recent updates, to this plugin.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2017, 11:54 PM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems so. I did not find either the file where I could manually record that change.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:15 AM   #4
roger64
Wizard

Well. I changed my mind after being somewhat "forced" to use the new clippings feature. It brings exactly the same information than the one exported to the Evernote plugin. When reporting back to your EPUB or odt file, the small .txt file is more handy than a full browser window because it can be reduced so that the two windows stay alongside the same screen (YMMV).

So, I will keep it instead of the Evernote plugin.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:17 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard

Well. I changed my mind after being somewhat "forced" to use the new clippings feature. It brings exactly the same information than the one exported to the Evernote plugin. When reporting back to your EPUB or odt file, the small .txt file is more handy than a full browser window because it can be reduced so that the two windows stay alongside the same screen (YMMV).

So, I will keep it instead of the Evernote plugin. Well, I forgot... I have to.

Last edited by roger64; 02-14-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Advert